July 2011 Moms
Options

Dry Skin?? What to use

My daughter has dry skin. She has only had it for the winter when we use the wood stove alot. This past week it has gotten worse. Usually she does not itch it and it doesn't seem to bother her. This week she has been itching it like crazy and has even left scratches and has made some bleed. We haven't changed anything like detergent, foods, soaps, etc. We also do not usually put lotion on her. I didn't know if anyone had any ideas of lotion that helps with dry skin for toddlers. We have also given her 3 oatmeal baths since she has started itching. Hasn't really made a difference.

thanks

Re: Dry Skin?? What to use

• Options
    We've been really happy with the Aveeno eczema lotion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aquaphor.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mainly lurk, but wanted to share that my son has some eczema patches and his pediatrician recommended using Cerive lotion on his skin 2x/day. It's a bit pricey for lotion, but it has made a world of difference.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    aquaphor works wonders for us.  DS has eczema behind his knees and it pretty much disappears after a few days of using it.

• Options
    imageclineak:
    We've been really happy with the Aveeno eczema lotion.

This is what we use.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options

We use Aveeno and Aquaphor (the Target Up&Up brand though).  The Aquaphor is kind of greasy so I reserve that for when she's going into her PJs. 

We lotion her at least 1x per day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMommy2CB:
    imageclineak:</strong
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"