April 2013 Moms
Options

STM- Postpartum sweating? What else?

I read a post yesterday where one of you ladies mentioned that you sweat a lot after giving birth.  This took me by surprise because I've never heard of this before.  So now I'm wondering what other dirty tricks does mother nature have hidden up her sleeve after LO comes.  Please enlighten us.  
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: STM- Postpartum sweating? What else?

• Options
    I was very surprised by the contractions and cramping that happened when I was BFing DD in those first few weeks. I had heard that you would cramp when nursing but I guess I didn't expect the full on contractions/painful cramping that would happen, especi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

FTM here but these are some things they outlined in my birthing class:

Nightsweats

Contractions while breastfeeding (helps shrink uterus)

Moodswings/baby blues

Bleeding will increase during breastfeeding as well - has to

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice here but I wish a STM would have told us FTM's that when your water breaks....it doesn't STOP! I thought it just broke and then you were on your happy way to the hospital...nope. Gushing water the whole way there, it got everywhere and I looked
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemirroredimage:

Much like when you were pregnant you will still feel the overwhelming urge to cry for seemingly absolutely n

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I wish someone had warned me about the sweating post partum! I was soaked those first few days, and had no idea if it was normal!

And agreed about the water breaking. I thought after my one "gush" I was done. But it just. kept. coming. This ti

carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Options

I was really surprised at how ravenously hungry I was while BF.  Like 10x hungrier than when I was pg.  Figuring out how to feed myself and feed my baby pretty much consumed my life the first 2+ months, especially after DD developed&nbsp

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

the sweating .....yes! I had actually forgotten about that. Ugh. thanks for the reminder. Now that I remember, I would sweat through a couple of shirts per night.  Which probably explained why I was so freaking thirsty all the time!  I drank

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The cramps that pps mentioned were my biggest surprise. I had no idea and thought something was wrong!
  • Options
    imagemirroredimage:
    imageYellowL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"