TTC after 35
Options

IUI Monday Morning. When to stop BDing?

I know we're supposed to BD tonight but is tomorrow a "no, no,"& why.  I wanted to ask the nurse on the phone a few minutes ago when she gave me my ultrasound & estradiol results, but I felt like it was something I should know so I didn't ask!? This is going to be our first IUI.

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: IUI Monday Morning. When to stop BDing?

• Options
    Yes, I would not bd tomorrow night! Abstaining 36 to 48 hours if your DH doesn't have a count issue is best for him to have a good sample for Monday! Are you triggering tonight? Bding tonight is good to get sperm in there pre Iui and then bding Monday or
  • Options
    Thank you!   I knew I had read about abstaining close to the day of IUI but I don't know why our RE didn't give us specific instructions. 
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    On my paperwork for my IUI yesterday it said to abstain for 48 hours. It was more than that for us, since DH was out of town for work all week. :(
  • Options
    We didn't get paperwork!! We're at a university hospital in CHicago & sometimes I feel like we're in a factory & they just assume the patients know the routine because THEY do the same thing over & over every day.  It will be less than 48
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"