Multiples
Options

EPing MoMs - Need encouragment

I have been EPing since my boys were 2 weeks old.

I dread pumping each and every time I have to do it... it takes so much time, my boys now eat 2 oz more a day than I produce in total so I eventually will run through my ~250 oz stash therefore they will have to have formula even if that won't happen for a few months.

Also, I am constantly fighting off mastitis due to suffering from chronic plugged ducts, meaning I have to massage and pump for 30 full minutes every 3 hours.

Sorry for the vent, I know BM is best but I am ready to throw in the towel but hate the feelings of failure... any words of encouragement would be appreciated.  I knew BFing would be hard, just not for the reasons that I have been struggling. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: EPing MoMs - Need encouragment

• Options
    We're your kids premature at all? It helps me to know that mine babies were born before 33 weeks, so before their immune system started to develop. I get excited that my pumping is helping their body get antigens.
    Another bonus, it's 30 minutes to
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I EP also, and my boys are 6 weeks old. Every few days I feel like I want to give up and just switch to formula. We started supplementing a few nights ago for the night feedings and the boys refused the formula after day 2.  Day 3 was even worse,

photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I EP for my little ones and I have thought about stopping soooo many times. I too have mastitis ALL the time, plugged ducts like crazy! I do dread having to sit and pump but I know what its all for so I still just do it. I dont even meet all their food ne
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried mothers milk tea? It worked wonders for my supply in that transition to them eating more. I actually drank it the whole time I was pumping for my son to keep a decent supply frozen for when it was time for me to stop. Luckily I did because
  • Options
    My babies are 4m1w old and I've been EPing from the beginning. I just take it one day at a time. I love that they are getting antibodies, that I am producing all of their food, and that it's free. I also love that I never have to prepare any formula. Howe
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I made a decision around 6 weeks that whenever I got frustrated, I would reduce one pump a day and go from there. Do you massage your boobs while you pump? That can make a huge difference in not getting mastitis and will also help your supply if you are e
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Some great advice that was given to me (and I only BF/pumped for 6 weeks so you are doing great!).  You are doing everything in your power to feed your children and you are a great mom for attempting to BF twins at all!  If you do decide to s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageRobinR91:
    We're your kids premature at all? It helps me to know that mine babies were born before 33 weeks, so before their immune
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"