November 2012 Moms
Options

Random: my fear long

I feel like all of the ladies on this board give good advice and are pretty open. I need some advice on how to get over a fear of mine.

I have a fear of someone breaking into my home. Especially since I am a SAHM now and I am home all of the time. I have had this fear for a while now. When I was pregnant I couldnt sleep because of it. If I could sleep it would be in the afternoon, on the couch, with a bottle of pepper spray in hand.

Ive never had anything happen to make me have this fear. We don't live in a particularly bad neighborhood. In fact, I have a police officer that lives across the street, along with an active military man, and retired military a few houses down.

We don't have a lot of money to get a security system or anything and my husband thinks I am crazy and this is an irrational fear. But, for those of you who stay at home..do you have this fear? What do you do? What do you do if someone knocks on the door that you don't know?

I typically grab the baby and we stay quiet but the tv is usually on and the lights are on. But, I also go into panic mode. Also, today after baby j wouldn't sleep last night we were napping and someone knocked on the door and I didn't get up as the baby was sleeping on my chest. Now I am paranoid that they cased my house! I need help trying to get over this fear and all the therapist wants to do is dope me up.

Sorry for the long post

Any advice is appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

Re: Random: my fear long

• Options

Sounds like you need anxiety meds! 

I don't have neighbors anymore, but when we lived in a neighborhood I did not have that fear.

If so

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:
    Sounds like you need anxiety meds!nbsp;I don't have neighbors anymore, but when we lived in a neighborhood I did not have
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have this fear too, so I don't really have any advice, but you're definitely not alone.

SO works nights, so it's even worse when it's just me and LO in the dark.  When I was pregnant, I would keep a recording of a dog barking next to my be

kids with flags
  • Options
    I am home alone, a lot, as DH is a shift worker. Once in awhile it will get into my head, especially after I have gotten A into bed and its just me. I try to turn things off at different times at night so it doesn't look like there is any kind of routine
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think if this fear is getting in way of sleep and normal day to day activities it is definitely worth trying to work on it. Maybe you need to find a different therapist to talk about this with if your current isn't helping?

Am I the

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options
    imagedanak4:
    I think if this fear is getting in way of sleep and normal day to day activities it is definitely worth trying to work on i
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Find a new therapist. If you are not comfortable taking medication, find a therapist who will talk you through this before jumping to the conclusion of drugs. If you had anxiety about everything, I could see the need to maybe try a med to lessen it. Bu

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

I would still look into a security system. You will get a discount on your home insurance that will negate some i

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have often have this fear and have for several years. I hate being in an empty house. And it would prevent me from sleeping. For me it was completely irrational because no amount of logic could calm me down or change my mind from thinking about it.&n

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I too sometimes have this fear. Break ins happen all the time here. Just the other day a man broke into a woman's apartment and tied her up. It was just a couple streets away from here.

I'll probably get flamed for this. Maybe I should have
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imageBabyMakes 3:
    imagevnstacie:
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"