C-sections
Options

Baby Wearing After CS

Hi All - 

Anyone baby wear after their c section?  I really want to start but am not sure when I can or how I should go about it...I am still tender to the touch if I press down between belly button and scar...pretty much where a lot of carriers sit.

I have a boba wrap (like a moby) and ergo and am 4 weeks pp today.

Thanks for any advice on this! 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Baby Wearing After CS

• Options
    I started wearing my babies about a week after each of my c/s.  The Ergo is my fave.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used the Moby and had no problems, but I didn't start until about 4 weeks PP.. I didn't wait because of c/s related issues, though, more because I was intimidated by how to tie it and I felt like he was just so tiny he'd get lost in it lol.  I plan to at least attempt to start wearing this LO sooner, as soon as it's physically comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I started using a Moby around 3-4w PP.  Alice was on the small side though (6lb 9oz at birth) , so if you have a big baby, it may be a bit different.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    I don't remember when I started wearing my daughter, but I think it was around 3-4 weeks post CS. I used a K'tan and it didn't hurt at all.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wore DS immediately with the sling and then about 3-4 weeks with the Moby.  It took that long for me to feel comfortable with the Moby being on my stomach.
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Options
    I used the moby a lot in the beginning. The ergo hit right at my incision. At about 6 weeks I could start using the ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I started using my k'tan immediately this time around but I remember I hated my ergo for the first couple months last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started wearing DD in my SBP ring sling the day after we got home. She was 4 days old.
  • Options
    imageSaltylove:
    I started wearing DD in the ergo around 3 weeks pp.

Same! Loved it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"