March 2013 Moms
Options

pelvic checks at dr appointments

I am now at 37.5 weeks and just got back from my appointment really frustrated. They have not done any pelvic checks escept when they thought I was going to go into pre-term labor. At that point, I was 1cm dilated. Do most doctors not check at all? I feel like this appointment was kind of a waste they just checked his heart beat and measured fundal height. Shouldn't there be more?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pelvic checks at dr appointments

• Options
    Some doctors do them, some don't. They are totally unnecessary and not indicative of anything. My OB does them, but I am declining until 40w.
  • Options
    My doc doesn't do the, until 39 weeks.  Those appointments weekly from 36 weeks on were kind of annoying bc all they did was fundal height, heartbeat (which I always love, never gets old) weight, blood pressure.  If my office ran on schedule it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor does them weekly after 36 weeks, but I know some don't...it really doesn't mean anything (but it is nice to know, I think). I'm pretty sure one of the most important parts of appointments at this point in time is having BP taken and checking uri

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

My dr checks, but doesn't say much about it.

I always know exactly how my appointment is going to go before I even get there, they always feel pretty useless. Since there haven't been any complications there hasnt been much to discuss.

• Options
    I gave birth exactly one week early.  The doctor performed a short sonogram at each appt.  had no internals and didn't really want one/see the need for one. If you want on
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"