Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How much does your 5m boy eat?

I know this gets asked a lot, but I'm also asking for opinions.

Today I wrote down all of DS's feedings. It seemed to be a normal day (as far as feedings goes, like he didn't seem to eat more or less than a regular day).

Today, he ate 11 ounces of formula, and I nursed him two times (emptying both sides, which as of late, has been 1.5 ounces from each breast for a total of 3 ounces every feeding). So this is a total of 17 ounces for a normal day.

DS is very healthy, and has never had a weight problem. I'm not going to force him to eat more, but when I try to feed him more, if he takes it, he burps it up, obviously because his stomach is full.

I guess I just feel like my son isn't eating as much as I've seen as other babies on this board (I've seen from 20 ounces a day to 30 ounces a day).

Anything you would do differently? I've already asked his ped if he's healthy enough, to which he has said "yes definitely", but it feels weird that he doesn't eat as much as I've seen for an "average" on this board...

Thank you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much does your 5m boy eat?

• Options
    Our little guy likes to snack, basically 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours. We started solids two weeks ago hoping it would help, but he still snacks and now loves veggies. We also increased his nipple size for daycare bottles (he is ebf at home) so we will see
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO will be 6 mos on Friday but so far his feeding hasn't changed (other than adding solids).  He normally eats 20-30 oz a day.  Approx. 5 bottles throughou the day; 4-6 oz. every 3 hrs.  He will sometime want up to 8 oz. (That's usuall

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How do you know he's getting 3oz from your breasts each time? Is that how much you pump? I'm sure you've heard it before, but babies are way more efficient than pumps, so even if that's how much you pump, he's almost definitely getting more than that.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    DS is getting about 30 ounces a day. Sometimes a little more, sometimes less. Breast milk (pumped) and one 4ounce bottle of formula if he wakes up at night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

He eats 6-8 oz every 3-4 hours with about 2 oz of solids twice a day.  He was 18.3 at his 4 month appt.  He made 5 months on the 10th. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My little guy is like yours, he doesn't eat very much and sometimes I worry that he isn't getting enough food compared to the other posts I read as well with babies eating 6oz+ at every bottle, but he is gaining weight, looks chubby, is happy, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

My 5 month old gets 24-30 oz a day.

With breastfeeding, you may have very high calorie milk so he may not need more than he's getting.  Have you done weighed feeding so you are sure of how much he gets when he nurses from you?

If he's

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagehilsy85:

How do you know he's getting 3oz from your breasts each time? Is that how much you pump? I'm sure you've heard it bef

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"