November 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Lasik Eye Surgery

I just scheduled my appointment for my consultation (thank goodness). I'm so worried about having something come at my eye though. They do give you medication to help calm you beforehand, but it still worries me. For those that have had it, how was it? Would you recommend it? TIA!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Lasik Eye Surgery

• Options

I am having it done also! They told me I have to wait until 3 months after I have finished BF. so tht won't happen until next year. Boo. 

I don't think they give you anything to calm down.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I had it done about 10 years ago. They gave me Xanax prior to the procedure. It was still pretty freaky, but it's fast and the results are so worth it. They pin your eyes open so you can't blink, cut a flap in your eye and correct the vision. The whole thing took 10-15 minutes? 

Recovery was pretty easy. I slept for the entire day after the procedure. My vision was a little blurry and it felt like there was sand in my eyes for a couple days. They give you googles to wear to prevent you from scratching your eyes and disturbing the flap. But it was amazing, even with the blurry vision I could see 100% better. I was completely recovered in around 4-5 days, but still using eye drops pretty regularly.  Ten years later, one eye is 20/40 the other is still 20/20.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesarah0925:

I had it done about 10 years ago. They gave me Xanax prior to the procedure. It was still pretty freaky, but it's fast and the results are so worth it. They pin your eyes open so you can't blink, cut a flap in your eye and correct the vision. The whole thing took 10-15 minutes? 

Recovery was pretty easy. I slept for the entire day after the procedure. My vision was a little blurry and it felt like there was sand in my eyes for a couple days. They give you googles to wear to prevent you from scratching your eyes and disturbing the flap. But it was amazing, even with the blurry vision I could see 100% better. I was completely recovered in around 4-5 days, but still using eye drops pretty regularly.  Ten years later, one eye is 20/40 the other is still 20/20.

Good luck! 

oh good!! The dr I talked to didn't mention anything about Xanax, maybe I have to ask! Lol

Logos bad was your vision? I'm curious because mine is bad like -10 bad and I wonder if ill still have to wear glasses after.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MY vision was -7 in both eyes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know my doc gives Valium too so I'm thankful for that. So many people have told me it's nothing, so I'm holding onto that thought.

If the consultation goes well, surgery will be the 22nd. Woot woot!! I haven't been able to wear my contacts since I was about 37 weeks pregnant because my eyes were so dry & have never really gone back to the way they used to be.

Also, my doc wanted me 3 months out from BFing/giving birth due to hormones. I quit BFing right around Christmas, so it's been right at 3 months.

Hoping everything goes as planned!  

• Options
    DH wants me to get it done, but I am really freaked out about it.

You'll have to let me know how it goes for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

imageangielayne926:
    DH wants me to get it done, but I am really freaked out about it. You'll have to let me know how it goes for you.

Will do. There are a few girls at work that have had it done by this same doctor, & they are extremely pleased with the results. Hoping I feel the same!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"