Working Moms
Options

Tomorrow

Well. 12 months of mat leave have gone by just like that. How I have no freakin clue. It's mostly all a blur.
The anticipation of going back to work has maximized to its fullest and has seriously gotten the best of me. I'm full of worry, anxiety, sadness, sometimes excitement about a new chapter then back to full force nobody knows how to take care of dd like me just Downright in the dumps feel sorry for myself. How will I retrain my brain to work mode? Lol

I have no idea why or what exactly brought this on. But I'm really hoping ill make it through tomorrow and this week with a positive outlook. I think it's one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. Who would have thought. Wish me luck.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tomorrow

• Options
    Oh how I remember bring just where you are a few months ago. My heart hurts for you. It's tough but you'll get through it. The first few weeks are the hardest for sure. Make friends with other moms in your office and go to them for support. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have to go back to work tomorrow, too, but I've only been off for 7 weeks. I'd imagine the longer you get to stay home with LO the harder it would be to go back to work. I'll be thinking of you and wish you a happy first day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow. You and I are so much alike. I too was trying to focus on my water consumption and just on me time. Last night was a disaster. Dd is all of a sudden a major picky dinner eater and she refused like everything but bread and I was stressed to the max because I was trying to prepare meal options. I was in meetings all day so I wasn't able to call MIL but dh did and she was fine.

Overall, I'm pretty surprised on how it turned out. I'm on my way home to get dd now and I am so excited. I never shed a tear all day and didn't have much anxiety. I'm so surprised. Maybe it was being inside all the time and being on such a repetitive routine. I was preparing for much worse but let's see what tomorrow brings.

Im glad yours went well too. Keep me posted!!!
  • Options
    I just read your new post. That's too bad especially with your transition. I hope it works out for you. I too just started a new job after mat leave and was so nervous about it. I'm very happy I did. I was at my old job for 7 years and happy I didn't go back.

I was sad last night too. Esp with trying to be with dd, trying to prepare both dinner and foods for tomorrow and trying to relax with dh. I did get it all done but was sad that I didn't get enough time with dd. that makes me sad and I don't want her to forget about me. Lol. Or have MIL know her routine better than me. Call me stubborn but I wanna be in charge of that. I just called on my lunch break, and did get teary hearing her in the background. I didn't have time to call yesterday. I sucked it up. Maybe I should t call.
    I hope you're doing well too. Is it Friday yet??????
  • Options
    Hmm. It's hard for me to remember what dd was up to at that age. She's 11 months now and I'm more worried about more activity time and less dora. I think at your lo's age they should be fine with sleeping still and not have constant stimulation. How about books ? My dd loves them, but I think I started around 6 mos.
    I get verrrrry anxious if my schedule isn't followed. I guess I'm going to have to learn to let go of that. You too I guess. I think I remember you said there was a language barrier with MIL?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"