TTC after 35
Options

Stress of fertility treatments! Fibbing about "Day One" because of work schedule!

Have any of you ever done this> There was no way I could ask my boss if I could take off work yesterday to get to the routine Day 3 labs & u/s, so I lied to the RE's office & said day one was Wednesday and had the u/s & labs done this morning before work.  My real Day One was Tuesday so I should have had the labs & u/s done Thursday.    Have any of you ever done this? I justified it by thinking that with the u/s and labs they'll be able to see when I'm ready for the Ovidrel, but am I totally wrong?  I'm trying so hard to not let the fertility treatments interfere too much with work, but it is VERY hard!  I do not want to tell my boss these details because he's a single man and probably would not be sympathetic at all. Can anyone else relate? Or please tell me if I'm totally out of line on this!

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: Stress of fertility treatments! Fibbing about "Day One" because of work schedule!

• Options

I haven't fibbed per se, but because i can't always tell between spotting and day 1 my tests have been cd 2, 3 or 4 before and my RE wrote on my latest script for day 3 labwork to go cd 2-4. Or if a weekend/holiday was going to interfere my tests have been on other days.

I truly am sorry that your work schedule is not cooperative, good luck!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options

Thank you for sharing that.  Where I go they always say Day 3 because they're open 7 days a week so I'm glad to know others have a range. I'm actually afraid to tell the RE or his nurse because I don't want them to think I'm not taking this all seriously. It's just hard to balance everything with work etc...

The ultrasound showed a very large cyst-33mm anyway so we're out this month until it shrinks.

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamalloy1:

The ultrasound showed a very large cyst-33mm anyway so we're out this month until it shrinks.

I am so sorry!!! that truly sucks and all that worry, I hope it shrinks fast. Does it shrink on its own? do you have ot take anything? What is the protocal and do you have a plan if it doesn't shrink?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    imageamalloy1:

I was supposed to have my first IUI this month - went in for the ultrasound to confirm 2-3 days before I firgured I'd be ovulating and found out I have 3 cysts.  2 of them are over 7 Centimeters!!!I had to pull out a ruler to wrap my brain around how large that is...  Dr. said I am out this month, oh, and that the cysts are so large my body basically has extra mass the size of a 20 week baby in me.  Great.  No Wonder I can't lose the wait I was trying to lose before conceiving!!! 

As to what can be done, he wanted to wait 1 month to see if the shrink on their own, and if not they have to be surgically removed.  Looks like I am out this month, and probably next :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"