April 2012 Moms
Options

Fur-babies after LO

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this post lol

Before LO came along -- Toby (our yellow lab) was our baby.  We got him as a pup at only 6 weeks old and a whopping 8 pounds.  He is now nearing 5 years old and weighs in at 90+ pounds.  I loved this dog with all my heart and he was SPOILED!!!  I still love him- but now I find myself seeing him much more as "the dog" than my beloved first born like I once did haha.  He sheds something awful (i think if I vacuumed twice a day - there would STILL be dog hair flying).  I'm always picking dog hair off of LO's clothes or drooled-up chin..yuck!!  Toby always knocks Rob over.  Toby isn't in love with Robbie by any means....he tolerates him - but I can tell he is super jealous.  Toby has growled at Robbie once (when rob wouldn't stop grabbing toby's feet).  Made me super nervous and paranoid ever since.  Ever since them - I always have a watchful eye on Toby.  I would NEVER get rid of Tobes unless he hurt my child -- otherwise I wouldn't have the heart to part with him-- but the way I feel about him has definitely changed.  Robbie loves Toby -- laughs at him and everything.  Toby has had a few sweet momenta with Robbie -- when he has gone up to him and has licked his head.  Toby just isn't the same like he used to be......Anyone else have this happen with their doggies ?

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fur-babies after LO

• Options
    Lol yes and now they i have 3 2 chihuahuas and 1 doxin mixed have taken to peeing on everything so they get even less attention cause they aren't allowed in the living room where I usually am
  • Options

I've tried to make sure to have 1-on-1 time with oreo during naps and at night so he doesn't feel neglected. He is very weary of the boys, and never has liked loud kids. He growled once and lunged once at Logan while on the couch so if I'm home alone he is out of the living room while the boys are wandering around. Occasionally I will let him stay in and just keep the boys from going near. We also keep offering hands and feet for him to smell and are trying to help Logan feed Oreo a carrot or cheerio to help Oreo learn to trust them. After Oreo reacted to them I couldn't even be near him I was so upset, but he is a dog and it is my job to help him learn how to behave with little kids or keep him from being put in a situation he doesn't want.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! Faith (our 60lb lab mix) is always IN THE WAY and always asking for attention that I don't have the energy to give her! But yeah, I used to post pics of my dog on facebook for crying out loud, like she was my baby...

I always tell my husband that I want to let her run away, that sounds horrible, (i'm partly joking when I say it) but it's only when there is constantly hair everywhere, she's licking the baby's face, in the kitchen waiting for food to fall, (and we live in a townhome so we have to take her OUT to go to the bathroom so I have to leave the baby inside in his walker or high chair) ...

but she loves us, and we love her...sometimes. lol. 

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    imageJazzyashes84:

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! Faith (our 60lb lab mix) is always IN THE WAY and always asking for attention that I don't have the energy to give her! But yeah, I used to post pics of my dog on facebook for crying out loud, like she was my baby...

I always tell my husband that I want to let her run away, that sounds horrible, (i'm partly joking when I say it) but it's only when there is constantly hair everywhere, she's licking the baby's face, in the kitchen waiting for food to fall, (and we live in a townhome so we have to take her OUT to go to the bathroom so I have to leave the baby inside in his walker or high chair) ...

but she loves us, and we love her...sometimes. lol. 

THIS!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"