February 2013 Moms
Options

Should I get checked?

Had an appointment last Wednesday at 38weeks 6days and was not dilated but soft is what doctor said. I have and appointment tomorrow at 39weeks 5 days. Would you get checked again? I know it doesn't mean anything to be dilated but sometimes it's just nice to think something is happening. Thanks
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Should I get checked?

• Options
    I'd decline
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Options

The doctor said the same thing about me last week (38wk 3 days). At my appointment I will be getting rechecked again (39 wks 4 days) because I wish to know if any progress is being made, and if not I can discuss with my options with the doctor as I am getting too sore to walk. But if it wasn't for the soreness I would likely decline (I'm also GD so I think it will be a discussion of options anyway but mainly for me its about my hips and lack of sleep due to such) 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think most people's reasoning behind not getting checked is that it can increase risk of infection and it doesn't mean much anyway. I get checked because my OB wears gloves, so I don't really see how risk of infection can be that high, and I'm just interested to see how my body is preparing. My OB is going to be stripping my membranes at my next appointment (39 weeks 2 days) anyway if I haven't delivered by then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to get checked unless I'm fairly overdue. I'm not that curious about it though as it seems it doesn't always mean anything.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options

imagehnhoffman:
    Had an appointment last Wednesday at 38weeks 6days and was not dilated but soft is what doctor said. I have and appointment tomorrow at 39weeks 5 days. Would you get checked again? I know it doesn't mean anything to be dilated but sometimes it's just nice to think something is happening. Thanks

But what if nothing is happening, will you feel discouraged?  I don't think it's worth it.  I barely plan on getting checked during labor. 

• Options
    I was a little sad at the last appointment just because I had been having cramps and Braxton Hicks and thought for sure that was doing something. I know it is better for baby to come at her own time but doctor said he would let me go 2 weeks past due date and that just kills me to think about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"