April 2013 Moms

Interesting science/news

Came across this interesting news article today about differences in newborns' gut bacteria when they are born vaginally vs. c-section:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2013/02/11/babies-gut-bacteria-birth.html

ETA: Obviously not intended as judgment/advice, I just thought it might be an interesting/relevant read for us pregnant ladies!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: Interesting science/news

• Very interesting, indeed. I'm really hoping that this little girl will flip so that I don't have to have a c-section. She has 3 more weeks before Dr schedules a 39 week section. FX. 

I'm all for all natural everything, and this article definitely highlights some great points! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCasie13:

Very interesting, indeed. I'm really hoping that this little girl will flip so that I don't have to have a c-section. She has 3 more weeks before Dr schedules a 39 week section. FX. 

I'm all for all natural everything, and this article definitely highlights some great points! 

I hope she flips for you, Casie!  Have you been trying any yoga moves or anything like that?  I definitely want to have a natural birth too, and it sucks when women don't have a choice re: having a c-section. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFremdschamen:
    imageCasie13:

Very interesting, indeed. I'm really hoping that this little girl will flip so that I don't have to have a c-section. She has 3 more weeks before Dr schedules a 39 week section. FX. 

I hope she flips for you, Casie!  Have you been trying any yoga moves or anything like that?  I definitely want to have a natural birth too, and it sucks when women don't have a choice re: having a c-section. 

I hope she flips for you too, and I've heard good things about "Spinning babies" website.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageFremdschamen:
    imageCasie13:

I have been doing the downward dog several times a day. It seems to help, as her head is normally under my ribs on my right side, but moves out after I do that position. I've also been on spinning babies to research other techniques. It hasn't worked yet, but I'm trying it all in hopes that she will flip soon. My Dr did mention that the shape of my uterus might be preventing her from flipping. She doesn't know for sure, but said that they can check the uterus shape in the first trimester of my next pregnancy to determine if that is an issue. It's too late to check that now, but if Maisy doesn't flip - we will definitely look the next time around. Thanks for the encouragement!

• imageJSS1002:
    imageFremdschamen:
    imageCasie13:

I hope she flips for you too, and I've heard good things about "Spinning babies" website.

Spinning babies has some good info on the site. I'm trying it all. We'll see if it works! 

• The educator for our childbirth class said that there is an acupuncture technique that is like 95% effective at turning babies.  It sounds crazy but she said she has seen it work.  I kind of believe her because she was a L&D nurse for years before becoming a midwife.  Might be something to look into...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageannjeanen:
    The educator for our childbirth class said that there is an acupuncture technique that is like 95% effective at turning babies.  It sounds crazy but she said she has seen it work.  I kind of believe her because she was a L&D nurse for years before becoming a midwife.  Might be something to look into...

worked for my SIL.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Interesting.  I've heard about the gut bacteria for those that formula feed, but never for c-sections.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetmrchi:

imageannjeanen:
    The educator for our childbirth class said that there is an acupuncture technique that is like 95% effective at turning babies.  It sounds crazy but she said she has seen it work.  I kind of believe her because she was a L&D nurse for years before becoming a midwife.  Might be something to look into...

worked for my SIL.   

My father is an Acupuncturist and he flips babies all the time. It's rare that he can't flip one. If it doesn't work, that means it would be hazardous for the baby to turn.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"