November 2011 Moms
Options

seventh generationrash?

Just bought seventh generation baby lotion and applied it to my kiddies. Within 2 minutes after application, my husband ran down the stairs with my 15 month old daughter saying her body was red all over. At the exact moment, my 4 year old screamed, "my back hurts and BURNS!" His whole back and face was bright red. We bathed them and the rash resolved about 2 hours later. Anyone else have this problem with seventh generation products? Noticed there were a lot of alcohols and acids in the ingredients. My kids have never had an allergic reaction and aren't sensitive to products so this totally upset me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: seventh generationrash?

• Options

Holy cow!  Good thing it was able to be cleared up kinda quick-ish but that must've been scary.  I'd be on the phone with the store and the company.  People need to know incase this isn't just your kids (sounds like it's the lotion). 

I've never used any products under this brand but like I said, I'd be calling people as this may be a bad batch. 

• Options

I'm with PP, call the store and the company. You could save other kids from having this issue. I would save the bottle and if the company can not find anything wrong in the product, I would take it and my children to an allergist.

I'm glad things calmed down quickly for them and you! That must have been so scary!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no! Glad the kids cleared up quick.

I'd definitely report the situation like PPs said.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"