Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Tummy time

How much tummy time do you give your LO
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tummy time

• Options
    My dr said you do 5min of tummy time for every month old the baby is. So if he is 2 months old, you do 10min per day.
  • Options
    Thanks
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do as much as he'll tolerate. Some days he couldn't be happier on his tummy, while others he won't stand it for a minute. We do a lot of chest time though, not the same but its at least something for those days he hates it.

• Options
    Dr said 30-60 minutes but she's working out her neck far more than that
  • Options
    Our doc said to do it as often during the day as we want, and if DS doesn't like it, no more than 1 minute per week old he is at a time.  He finally stopped hating it so we do 10ish minute increments throughout the day.  I try and do it once during each of his "play" times, so probably 3 or 4 times a day.  Unless he's in a bad mood, then I skip it for after the next nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We do about three short sessions a day. I vary how she does it too... once on her jungle mat, once propped on the boppy, and once flat on the floor on a blanket. 

If baby is fussy during tummy time, try laying on the couch and have baby lay on your chest... DD loves this! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"