February 2013 Moms
Options

1 week old!

I've been MIA for the last few days. We finally named her! Rosalyn Elizabeth was born on 1/31/13 at 8:42pm. She weighed 7lb 4oz and is 19 inches tall. 

I started to type out her birth story, but it was way too long, so I'll give you the condensed version. 

Wednesday- Regular, but not painful contractions all day. Only slept about 4 hours.

Thursday- Woke up at 7am to much more intense contractions. Labored at home until 1pm. Checked at the hospital around 2:30, only 3cm. Walked. A lot. Checked again at 4pm, 4cm, admitted to L&D. 

Labored on the yoga ball until 6pm. 5cm, got the epidural. OB showed up, 6cm, broke my water. Started throwing up not long after that, so likely went through transition quickly. 

Checked again at 8pm, 10cm, but OB was 20 minutes away. I didn't feel the urge to push, so it was no big deal. 8:30, OB arrived, time to push. My contractions had slowed way down, so I had a lot of down time between pushes. I did 4 sets of pushes and she was born.

This is the part that I have to type out. As soon as Rosalyn was born, the umbilical cord ruptured. Blood squirted everywhere. My OB got both ends clamped pretty quickly, but it was really scary. They put Rosalyn on my chest quickly and she was covered in blood. My OB said that he had never seen that happen before. I am just so glad that it didn't happen before she was born and it doesn't seem to have affected her at all. 

She is doing so well and BFing like a champ. She only lost 6oz during her hospital stay. At her first pediatrician appointment, she had already gained 4oz from her lowest weight, so I'm not waking her to BF at night, just letting her sleep as much as she likes. She gave me a 4.5 hour stretch last night. 

DS is having an awful time though. He was never a whiny child until now and it is really trying my patience. He is sweet to his sister though and is always concerned when she cries or fusses.

If you made it this far, here are some pictures to reward your efforts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 week old!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"