April 2013 Moms
Options

I hate my insurance right now

Not sure if anyone else's insurance offers this, but I'm enrolled in a maternity support program. Basically, it gives you access to a registered labor and delivery nurse anytime day or night for any question that you may have, plus paid incentives through my HR department just for doing things that you should be doing during your pregnancy anyway. Money is super tight for me right now, so I really depend on the incentives to buy a lot of things that I need for the baby. I was given the impression when I enrolled in the program that I only had to 2 check in with my maternity nurse during the 3rd trimester, one at 28 weeks and another at 36 weeks and as long as I did everything that they asked me to, I'd get my last incentive. The last one is the biggest and I need it to buy a mattress for my crib among a few other essentials. Well during my 28 week check in yesterday, they informed me that I'll still have 2 more check ins to complete after the baby is born! So I won't get that incentive before she arrives. To make matters worse, I have to return to work before my HR department will even process it. So my daughter will be between 6 and 8 weeks old before I see the money I so desperately need to buy things for her. I'm really mad, and don't even think that I would have enrolled if I had known this.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers IAmPregnant Ticker image

Re: I hate my insurance right now

• Options
    You would not have enrolled for the free money if you knew you wouldn't get the free money until 1.5 months after her birth?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry that money is so tight but it's free money. We should all be so lucky to have this option.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageskoogirl:
    You would not have enrolled for the free money if you knew you wouldn't get the free money until 1.5 months after her birth?

Not with all of the hoops you have to jump through to get it.

• Options

imageskoogirl:

This is exactly what I was wondering. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    So it's not totally free money and it's not just going to doctor's appointments either. I had to pay out of pocket for a bunch of classes that they required. Some of which I would have taken without this program and others I would not have. By the time you do the cost breakdown, after all of the money I've had to dish out for the classes until I see the last incentive, I'll be $100 in the hole, and the last incentive is only $150.
  • Options

imageGrace0609:
    imagercantor:
    Sorry that money is so tight but it's free money. We should all be so lucky to have this option.
    Exactly. I wish someone would pay me for going to appts instead of having to pay 6,000 dollars to have this baby.

word. 

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Options
    I have a similar program. It's optional, and I take it for what it's worth. Consider the money you'll get later on a bonus, and feel lucky that you have someone to call for free about any worries.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageamy715:
    So it's not totally free money and it's not just going to doctor's appointments either. I had to pay out of pocket for a bunch of classes that they required. Some of which I would have taken without this program and others I would not have. By the time you do the cost breakdown, after all of the money I've had to dish out for the classes until I see the last incentive, I'll be $100 in the hole, and the last incentive is only $150.

Well then you would have been in in the hole either way, regardless of when you get the money, so who cares?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hate insurance companies always... that being said, I am grateful to have a good coverage policy... sigh, total double edged sword.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options

imageamy715:

So in the end, you net at least $50 that you didn't have before, without working.  It IS free money.  Yeah, there are a lot of hoops to jump but you're still getting cash.   

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"