September 2012 Moms
Options

When do you work out?

When do you guys work out? 

In the AM before LO wakes up?

In the PM when LO goes to bed?

While LO naps, hoping they will sleep long enough to complete a workout?

While LO is awake at some point?

With LO?

If you run, when do you find the time to do that if you're home with LO alone all day? Can you jog/run with a reg stoller or do you need a jogging one?

Thanks for answering all my workout questions! I really want to start a workout routine, but am unsure when to do it. LO wakes up around 6:30 am, waking me up, so I don't have time before he is up. He goes to bed between 7 and 9pm..so i'm exhausted at night..and sometimes his naps are 10 min, sometimes, 20, sometimes 2 hours...I can't ever count on the length. sigh 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: When do you work out?

• Options
    never, that's my problem.
  • Options

imageLILBIT1221:

Ha! Mine too..:D 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLILBIT1221:

haha, this is what I was going to say!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLILBIT1221:

Damn you for stealing my answer!

Cooper Edward

• Options

Do what? Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about?

Frankly, I haven't figured it out. Really, my only option is to walk while pushing a stroller or do workouts with DD. I am too scared of RSV and other germs, so taking DD to the gym daycare is out for me.  So, I just eat and be a slug.

• Options
    I'm about to try exercising at home for the first time while DD is awake. It's only a 30 min workout but I'm skeptical she'll be entertained long enough for me to get through it. I don't have a gym membership and my goto before she was born was swimming, so that's out. Beyond walking everywhere, I don't exercise and it's starting to get to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to kickboxing/bootcamp 4 x per week from 7pm to 8pm. DH usually gets home at 630 pm so he's on baby duty until I get home. Once a week I get up earlier than DS to go for a run. Tuesday night and Friday night after DS is down for the night I go to the gym for my weight training.
    It seems like a lot but since I EBF, the weight is stubborn so I gotta fit it in where I can.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I try to get a run in during DS's 1st nap of the day, but it's pretty hit or miss.

Sometimes he only sleeps like 45 minutes and there's no way I can work out and shower in that time frame. When he sleeps for 2 hours though, it works out pretty well though. 

Obviously, I never know if it's going to be a short or long nap when I get started, so sometimes I get interrupted on the treadmill or end up having to sit around in my own sweat/filth for a little while until I can hop in the shower! 

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    I do a stroller fit class one morning per week and try to get out for a walk on the other days, but that's it. I keep trying to sign up for mommy and me yoga, but the class keeps being canceled due to low registration.
  • Options
    I usually do it after work when DH gets home. I ran from 3060 min twice during the week and a long run on the weekend when either family or DH can watch her. After she goes down at 7 I will sometimes do a yoga video.
                  image     image
  • Options

So, I used to work out during DD's morning nap.  Then her morning nap went kerfluffle and I have a really hard time getting her to go down later, too.  But--she likes watching me work out.  So I prop her up with the Boppy and some toys, and she watches me on the NordicTrac (yes, I have a NordicTrac, it's very 1992).

If you're up for indoor workouts, see if LO will treat it as a spectator sport! 

• Options

Now that DS is able to entertain himself for longer stretches, I have started working out in the evenings. My friends and husband had been lifting weights in our garage since DS was born, so I'm joining in on that. One hour tuesday, thursday and sunday. In between sets, people take turns holding Silas if he gets fussy. I've only done it a few times so far, but it's worked and it makes me happy.

Previously to that, I had done yoga while he napped. 

• Options

I am member of the YMCA. I drop DS1 at school around 9. I get to the Y at 915 and drop DS2 in the child watch room. I work out from then til 1015. I then shower and get ready. I pick up DS2 ar 1040. He eats when we get home at 11. I get DS1 at 12. I do this four times a week. I freaking love the Y.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday once DH gets home in the evening. He takes DS and I go to the gym and do any errands I want/need to do without DS.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've managed to work out about 7 times since LO was born. It's before she wakes in the am. If she wakes and nurses at 6 it's perfect bc then she won't usually wake for 2.5 to 3 hrs. I can do my 25 min yoga routine and then shower, make breakfast and lunch, etc.
  • Options
    I can't figure it out and the muffin top/jiggly thighs are really starting to get to me. DD doesn't STTN so I just can't get up early and lose out on any sleep. I work all day and DH doesn't get home until 7:00, baby goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. Mama is just too tired to try to work out and shower before crawling in bed to start it all over again. The only thing being lifted at that point is a glass of wine.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageLILBIT1221:

Yes

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options

imageVineyardMel:
    I can't figure it out and the muffin top/jiggly thighs are really starting to get to me. DD doesn't STTN so I just can't get up early and lose out on any sleep. I work all day and DH doesn't get home until 7:00, baby goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. Mama is just too tired to try to work out and shower before crawling in bed to start it all over again. The only thing being lifted at that point is a glass of wine.

This totally counts. I'm doing my set right now. Big Smile

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    All I do is walk, but luckily the dog makes sure this happens 7 days a week.  We usually do a couple miles a day.  If it's daytime, DD comes with us in the stroller.  Otherwise, we go after she gets to sleep in the evening.
  • Options
    I boot camp from 7 -9 twice a week and DH is on baby duty. Bedtime routine starts at 7, so I just feed her a little early and DH does bedtime routine. I run 3 -4 times a week. Now that I am back to work, I do it as soon as she goes down at night. Then I shower and go to bed. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imageJulesDiane:

Do what? Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about?

Frankly, I haven't figured it out. Really, my only option is to walk while pushing a stroller or do workouts with DD. I am too scared of RSV and other germs, so taking DD to the gym daycare is out for me.  So, I just eat and be a slug.

Yeah pretty much all of this.

• Options

When do you guys work out?   I workout in the morning.  After I get my oldest on the school bus, i come home and its ON!

In the AM before LO wakes up?   Dexter is awake.  I just lay him on the bed and he watches.  He's pretty chill.

In the PM when LO goes to bed?  NOOOOOOO.   that is my college school work time.

While LO naps, hoping they will sleep long enough to complete a workout?  This never works for me.  He needs to be awake or else he will wake up 10 minutes into my treadmill run. Mark my words, as soon as I even get my heart rate up on the treadmill I hear him.

While LO is awake at some point?  see above

With LO?   huh...i'm not looking to break my back :)  He's HEAVY.  I like to just use my 3's when I do weight lifting.

If you run, when do you find the time to do that if you're home with LO alone all day? Can you jog/run with a reg stoller or do you need a jogging one?  Like I said, I run in the AM while he is awake.  On rare occasion I end up working out in the afternoon at like 145, but he's awake for that too.  Strollers, I dont think you need a running one depending on where you are running.  I would prefer one because regular ones are tough to maneuver anyways sometimes.

Good luck!  I just started an intense workout and I'm ready to tighten things up.   I tried interval running and LOVE it.  I know I sounds crazy pumped up right now, but I got a great motivation the other day when my 4 year old son said "mommy I like to watch you exercise." I was like...."ok, lets go fire up the treadmill."   He played on my exercise mat while I ran.  And of course Dexter was in the middle of my bed playing with his toys.  :)    

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

I work out in the evenings, usually between 7 and 8. I'm doing Insanity for the second time (but not since summer 2011) but not stressing out if I can't do it 6 days a week like recommended. Please, I have two kids and that's just not always feasible.

I'm grateful for DH, who takes over all child-related responsibilities while I work out because he knows its important to me. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I haven't figured it out just yet. I run on the weekends when the husband is home. I've run right after getting home from work when there is about 30 minutes before sundown. The thought of waking up early and doing it or doing it after bedtime just sounds dreadful.

As for running without a jogging stroller... honestly, it sounds hard to me. Possible maybe, but hard. I would just scour Craig's List and consignment shops for a cheap one.

• Options

imageLILBIT1221:

Mine too.When I was on leave, DD and I walked or jogged. I also like stroller fitness classes (I used to take them with DS). I found it too hard to squeeze fitness in during naptimes.

Now that I'm back at work, I have no clue, which is why I'm a lazy bum. I already get up at 5:30 to pump and get ready for work, so my only option (save a walk at lunch if it's not freezing out), is to work out once the kids are in bed. That rarely happens, however, because of the pull of the couch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"