Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Working.

I had to go back to work, because the world isn't a fairytale and I can't stay at home with my girls. My LO's are 2 and 1 month old, and I have been badgered completely by most everyone around me saying I am abandoning my duties as a mother. I am still breastfeeding, and have a steady 9-5 M-F career, and I still spend as much time with them as I can, but I am starting to feel guilty because of all of the people around me telling me I am wrong for doing so.
It's just frustrating, and causing this huge depression for me. I wish I could be that perfect SAHM, but I can't, and I would really like people to stop reminding me that I am not, or think I am just choosing to not be there all the time for my girls for my own selfish reasons.

There. I am done ranting.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Working.

• Options
    Dude, people suck. There is not escaping from that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hope things get easier for you soon! Being a SAHM is not an easy job, but working full time and being a full time mom is also extremely difficult. People should learn how to shut up and let you worry about your own family... Unfortunately like pp said, people suck and there isn't much you can do about it. Don't be depressed because you are providing for your children by working a 95... We all love our babies and do what we need to do as moms. Maybe talk to DH and just tell him to be super supportive and keep reminding you of that... When DH is my cheerleader it helps me get through anything! GL!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Who is saying these things to you? If you can, avoid them as much as possible. People need to mind their own business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Who are these awful people who are saying this to you? Are they offering to pay your bills so you can stay home? No? Then tell them to STFU. We all have to do what we have to do. Part of being a parent us providing for your LO, and that's what you are doing. That makes you a good mom. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about working to support your family.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Even if you had a choice, choosing to work and have a career is not selfish.
    I chose to stay home with my first and I'm choosing to work with my second. Both choices have their merits, and either way I don't doubt my job as a mom. When I do what is right for me, then I'm doing what's right for my family and my boys.

I'm floored, and very sorry, people have judged you for working. Being a mother is hard enough without ridiculous judgements from others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yeah, it all came from my family and close friends, my mother probably the worst of them all. The only people that have supported my choice have been my friends that don't have kids. I don't see how working and having a career is selfish. I am really thankful to finally hear some positive input, really, thanks all of you!

I keep hearing "get on financial assistance if you're having a hard time paying bills being a SAHM." Um no.  I was just surprised that in an era of working moms, so many people were negative about it!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"