Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Need some advice

My baby girl is 11 weeks old and used to sleep well in her crib.  Usually for about 5 to 6 hour stretches.  Unfortunately we lost power for 4 days last week during the snow storm and had to stay with my sister.  I do not have a PNP as of yet.  During those 3 nights my DD slept on my sister's chest all night.  Which I thought was fine because I'm too nervous for her to sleep in the bed with us and I didn't feel comfortable going to sleep with her on my chest for fear of dropping her while I was asleep.  The first night we were home she slept in her crib fine but since then she refuses.  She will fall sound asleep and when I put her in her crib she will wake up crying.  :(  I will pick her up, soothe her, put her back in the crib and she would do the same thing.  We did this until 1:30 the other morning until I gave up and put her in the bed with us.  She slept great.  This has happened for four nights and I don't know what to do.  How do I get her back in her crib?  I can't sleep very well with her in the bed with us.  I'm so scared of rolling on her or pillows smothering her. Has anybody else went through something similar?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need some advice

• Options
    Do you swaddle when putting her in the crib or use white noise?

• Options

I know how you feel about just giving up and giving her what she wants. Sleep deprivation will do that to you. Our 14 week old was unhappy with the crib for the first 2 months so we got a "snuggle nest" from Babies r us. It is firm on the sides so you dont feel like you will roll over on her. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12482406

She slept in the bed with us in her nest, then we slowly started moving it into the crib. Now she is perfectly content in her nest inside the crib. In the next month or so we will start laying her just in the crib.

I would think the only other options are to continue the pattern of comforting and then putting her right back in or letting her cry it out. I just couldnt continue that and keep my sanity lol :)

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecelinajo1985:

I would think the only other options are to continue the pattern of comforting and then putting her right back in or letting her cry it out. I just couldnt continue that and keep my sanity lol :)

Good luck! 

OP Please please please do not let your LO CIO this young.

• Options
    I agree. There is no way I could do that. Thus, I let her sleep in the bed with us and respond to her cries right away. 
  • Options
    No I am not a fan of CIO.  Thanks for the advice ladies!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is it possible that she or her room and crib are cold and she is sleeping better with you or on someone for warmth? DS was waking up the second I placed him in the bed. We figured out it's because the crib mattress was making him cold. I bought a few of the thicker fleece-like swaddle blankets. I also run the space heater in his room after bath and until I put him down so his room is nice and warm. I also turn it on again while I'm in there doing the night feedings. Just a thought......
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"