February 2013 Moms
Options

Appointment question

So last week I had bleeding at 34 weeks they checked me and said I am 2 cm dilated. I have an appointment tomorrow morning do you think they check me again to see if ive dilated more?

Re: Appointment question

• Options
    I have had two uneventful pregnancies so I have no experience to base this on but... if you were already dialated to 2cm at your 34 week check, I can't imagine why the wouldn't check to see if you've dialated more.  I would expect the worst (and presume they will), and be surprised by the best (if they don't).
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Thanks for your input it makes sense because they even put me on bed rest. Honestly I'd feel more comfortable if they do check me just because I'm still cleaning in things like that. I'll have to cut it out if I'm closer than I was before lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I started having contractions and cervical changes at 33 weeks and was placed on bed rest after 24 hours in the hospital to stop my labor.  I have been checked at every appointment since then to see if I am dilating any further.  Baby A is footling breech on me so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but regardless my OB checks me.

I would expect them to check you but then again every doctor is different.  You can always asked to be checked if you would like.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    image2moms2b:

I would expect them to check you but then again every doctor is different.  You can always asked to be checked if you would like.

This, too.  You can alwas request to be checked, and if your OB doesn't automatically do so, I would just for my own peace of mind! But YES, if you're suppoesd to be on bedrest, quit cleaning, lol!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"