February 2013 Moms
Options

38 week moms Q&A

What are your newest symptoms?

Ankles swelling, bad BH Contractions, Leaky boobies

What are you most excited about after baby arrives (besides finally getting to meet him/her)?

Sleeping on my stomach, losing a little of the weight

How much have you gained?

40 lbs.

What are your biggest fears?

hoping to be a good mom 

Any last minute cravings?

root beer

Boy/Girl & Name?

boy - Greyson 

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: 38 week moms Q&A

• Options
    I've never done this throughout my pregnancy. Might as well start now....

Swelling like crazy (literally 14 lbs in 2 weeks- no protein and HB is 120/70, so no worries), insomnia, back pain/sciatica. I've had the easiest pregnancy until about 2 weeks ago, so I am not complaining at all. 

What are you most excited about after baby arrives (besides finally getting to meet him/her)?

Running...Not feeling like I HAVE to eat something...sushi....WINE...enjoyable romantical times with DH :)

I have no real clue. 

Staying connected to DH. It's just been us for 6 years. I'm a big believer in the idea that the best thing a father can do for his child is love her mother.

Juice...dark chocolate brownies

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl- Madeline Olivia 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Very little swelling and the disabling sciatica that I had for two week is mysteriously gone.  I thought I was destined to limp forever!

Losing weight, WINE, sleeping on my back, raw sushi, and obviously everything that has to do with baby...

a LOT!  I don't look at the scale when I go to the doctor's office, so I don't know the exact number.  

Serious complications during/after birth, conquering breastfeeding, lack of PP weight loss, LO getting sick

Chocolate cupcakes!

Boy/Girl & Name?

Boy - Blake

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Swelling. My BP was "higher" for me at my last two appointments. No protein tho, so we will see. 

Wine for sure!!!!! Oh I can't wait!!!!!! And I am excited to not be so uncomfortable ALL of the time!!!!!! 

Only like 5 pounds or so. 

I have a lot of fears right now.... ugg hormones!!!! I am just hoping DS handles the new little one ok. 

Not really. 

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl - Ava 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Swelling, more pelvic pain, and bad back pain 

BOOZE!!! That and losing this weight!

31 lbs

Complications for me or baby. Not being able to handle all the new responsibility

Old Fashioned Doughnut holes and apple juice. Craving was fulfilled this morning :)

Boy/Girl & Name?

Boy: Gavin

• Options

Lightening Crotch!  Ouch!

Being able to sleep without the horrible acid reflux that makes me wake up in the middle of the night choking on my dinner :(

About 25 pounds

SIDS.  I'm terrified of SIDS.

No, not particularly.

Boy/Girl & Name? 

Lauren Elizabeth

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

More noticeable swelling in hands and feet, colostrum, painful contractions, all prelabor symptoms!

Stomach sleeping, no more SPD, expanding my wardrobe to more than just DH's gym shorts and t shirts

50 lbs!

Not giving my older children enough attention.  I already feel guilty.

Ice, fruit

Boy/Girl & Name?

boy - Beckham Rhys

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Swelling all over except the face.

What are you most excited about after baby arrives besides finally getting to meet him/her?

A nice ice cold beer ! Plus shedding this baby weight and being able to get back in my old clothes.

About 21lbs.

Serious complications during/after birth?
    Nursing, getting enough energy, the pain during labor and worries about when I return back to work.

Anything cold like ice cream,slushies, milkshakes and a fried food !

Boy/Girl Name?

Boy Colton Scott
  • Options

Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, crazy BH contractions and acid reflux

Sleeping on my stomach, drinking a glass of wine, eating sushi and some comfy snuggling with DH.

11 or 12 lbs

Breastfeeding, not knowing what the heck I'm doing and SIDS.

Nah...not really.  Yesterday I just wanted everything in sight.  Today, I have no appetite whatsoever.  Go figure.

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl- Baryn Caroline

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Menstrual type cramping, some painful contractions, back pain is back!

Losing this weight, bending over, being able to shower/shave easily

36 lbs.

that something will still happen to her and I'll lose her :(

ABC gummies from the bulk candy section at my grocery store!

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl - Macyn Marie

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Occasional pelvic pain

Getting  back into pre-pregnancy clothes and shoes (my feet have been swollen for half this pregnancy),

sushi, wine, sex. :)

15 lbs.

Juggling my roles - wife, mom, career woman. Being a good mom to my daughter. 

Nope

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl. We're still debating between Nnenna or Chidera 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

My feet swell if I eat too much salt and/or stay on my feet too long.  And two nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I'd leaked through my shirt, so now it's sleep bras with nursing pads at night for me!

Being able to sleep on my back when sleeping on my side makes my hips hurt!

27 lbs. - turns out I lost a pound between 37 and 38 week appts.

That I won't be able to connect with the baby in the same way I can connect with animals.  I've always been more of an animal person than a baby person. :-P

No spontaneous cravings, but I'm very susceptible to the power of suggestion lately!

Boy/Girl & Name?

Girl - Amelia (But shhh, don't tell!  This apart from telling our parents, this is the only venue where the name has been revealed!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"