Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Non-Toxic Household Cleaners

So I am trying to create a safe haven for the baby as he is putting everything in his mouth and proceeds to lick everything in the house (walls, windows, doors)...you name it.  I have been using white vinegar to clean our countertops and it works well (but smells).

One big problem we have is our travertine floors as they are so sensitive to cleaning products,  I have founds that rubbing alcohol and water work well...but I am not loving the fumes from the alcohol and I do not believe that it totally safe.

With that being said, does anyone have any great non-toxic products they use for the house, floors, etc.?

Re: Non-Toxic Household Cleaners

• Options

Well, shoot.  I was going to recommend my new favorite blend: equal parts water, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol, with some essential oils to cover the smell.  But if you're looking for something that doesn't include alcohol... I can't help :P

The environmental working group has a page where you can look up cleaners to find out how good/bad they are:

https://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners 

Ethanol gets and "A" rating, so I don't feel too terrible about using it in my cleaner.  I do, however, do most of my cleaning when baby is out of the house.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This might sound crazy, but could you use Everclear instead of the rubbing alcohol?  I was looking at a few recipes online for homemade cleaners and that was suggested as an alternative to rubbing alcohol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check out norwex products.  They're chemical free.  www.norwex.com
  • Options

We use baby ganics. Very safe, cleans wells, and non toxic. 

• Options
    I use Shaklee products and love them. Absolutely no chemicals, yet cleans and smells good. You can look them up online. I mainly get the Basic H cleaner and it lasts a really long time:)
  • Options
    I love Better life products! This site called Wild Mint Shop has a bunch of non-toxic household cleaners.  I also like the Eco Nuts they have!

• Options
    Ive just started using castile soap...dr bronners watered down as per instructions....I use it with essential oils on my counters
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"