3rd Trimester
Options

help?

So i had nipple piercings before i got pregnant and I took them out at about 2 months. Im now 6 months and my right breast still hasnt healed and i have started leaking. And its way worse because of the unhealed piercings. I leaked thru three layers of clothes!! What do i do?? How can i get it to heal? Dx
BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: help?

• Options
    Is it literally not healed...like an open sore? Or do you just want the holes to shut? If you just want the holes to shut it may never happen. Its like any other piercing. Its designed to heal open. You can use breast pads to catch what's leaking...its not uncommon to leak during pregnancy. If you have an open sore go see a Dr.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagesensoregurl:
    Is it literally not healed...like an open sore? Or do you just want the holes to shut? If you just want the holes to shut it may never happen. Its like any other piercing. Its designed to heal open. You can use breast pads to catch what's leaking...its not uncommon to leak during pregnancy. If you have an open sore go see a Dr.

ALL of this.

I had nipple piercings years ago, way before I was pregnant, and took them out well before I got pregnant. The holes are still there and they "look" open, but they're not. You couldn't get a barbell through them. 

Keep a watch for any signs of infection also. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of people leak during pregnancy so the leaking shouldn't be too big of a concern. Get some pads and that will save your clothing. If the holes are open like a wound or infection, then speak to your OB asap!
  • Options

imagesensoregurl:

yup - all of this. When you get piercings you should do so with the understanding that there may be scarring or side effects down the line even if you decide to take them out!  Try getting some breast pads that you can put in your bra... Change them often. The re-usable ones might be better for you since you are going through them so fast. Then you can just wash them with your laundry and re-use them.

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had my nipples pierced 20 yrs ago and have have them out for over 12 yrs now. They are like ear ring piercings and have not closed up. Yes, I leak from the sides, but on the other hand I can still BF. I was told I couldn't because of them and the side leaking didn't bother my DD1, so I can't see a problem with DD2.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! Mine is the same, its not an open sore, but it sucks that i leak from it!
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"