Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Best book for Dad-to-be?

Hi there!  I of course am reading tons of literature, and my DH and I both have 3 apps on our phones that give the daily and weekly information.  But I am looking for a really good book for DH, something that is informative and will help prepare him, but nothing too in-depth or hard to read.  He is not a big reader, so I'm looking for something kind of "fun."  Thanks in advance!
image image image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Best book for Dad-to-be?

• Options

I purchased my hubby the book Dude, You're Gonna be a Dad and he thinks it hilarious and informative. Not sure if the Dad's will agree but it's MO. 

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Options

I got my husband The Expectant Father. Its got a striped shirt with a set of baby keys on it for the cover. I got myself a book and it was so boring. So I tossed it and read his. Its month by month what mom is doing and what baby is doing. Its got what you are probably thinking at each month also. Mens fears and concerns as opposed to what your wife may be thinking about. My husband ssaid it was right on about everything for him. We loved it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry about my previous post. I didn't read you post well enough. I thought your husband was asking.
  • Options
    I skimmed a bunch of the big name books and including what to expect when you are expecting.  Neither MW or I found any to be extremely helpful.  Then again we are both from huge families and are the oldest grandchildren.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I read parts of What to Expect When You're Expecting, and part of The Expectant Father.  I also read the book that came with my Daddy Boot Camp (looks more like an old high school workbook) that I can't remember the name of.  You have to be careful reading What to Expect because it lists EVERYTHING that could potentially go wrong and could scare the living bejeezus out of you.
  • Options
    What to Expect When Your Wife is Expanding
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've read "Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad," it's a great balance of humor and information.  I read it AFTER I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" so I knew the info was good.
  • Options

I agree with a several of the previous people, "Dude, You're Gonna Be A Dad" has by far been the best book I've read so far.  It has a great mix of humor and information. It kept me reading and I'm not a reader by any stretch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"