High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Would you be worried?

Hi Ladies. I'm coming over from the 2nd tri board to ask a couple questions. I figured I might get some good advice here. Yesterday I went to the doctor for a normal checkup. I am 24 weeks. I told him I was having a lot of pressure. It almost feels like the baby is going to fall out. He did a pelvic exam and said she is really low but my cervix is closed. They then did a ffn test to check to see if I am at risk for preterm labor. It came back positive, which I know doesn't necessarily mean that will occur. They are having me go in for an u/s on Thursday to check my cervix then he said I will go back the following Wednesday for another check. So on top of this I am wondering if I am losing my mucus plug. Not to get too graphic, but I went to the bathroom yesterday and when I wiped there was a big glob of snot looking stuff. It happened again today. I lost my plug with my son and it looked similar to that. I called the doctors office and they didn't seem overly concerned. They said to just come in as planned on Thursday and we'll go from there. Anyone experience anything like this? Thoughts? I'm trying not to worry but it is kind of hard not to.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Would you be worried?

• Options
    Been having the globs of discharge for almost a month now. Went in, was already 1cm but no contractions and they weren't concerned. It's never stopped and my actual OB wasn't even worried about either of those things. Mucous plugs regenerate so if your doc ain't worried I wouldn't be either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this. Iddefinitely think you should be alert right now to your signs and symptoms. I would recommend taking it as easy as possible, talking with a MFM, and going to the hospital any time you feel it is necessary. With my son and on call Dr told me I had kidney stones when in reality I was in full blown labor. I am glad I didnt stay home and went with my gut feeling. Prayers that labor holds off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate the advice and input. I'm trying to just lay on the couch as much as possible (difficult with a busy two year old boy)! Haven't noticed anymore nasty globs when going to the bathroom. Still have pressure but that may be something I'll have to get used to. Hopefully I'll have some answers on Thursday.
  • Options

imagecaden1206:
    I am sorry you are going through this. Iddefinitely think you should be alert right now to your signs and symptoms. I would recommend taking it as easy as possible, talking with a MFM, and going to the hospital any time you feel it is necessary. With my son and on call Dr told me I had kidney stones when in reality I was in full blown labor. I am glad I didnt stay home and went with my gut feeling. Prayers that labor holds off.

I agree with this. At 29 weeks, I lost what I thought was my mucous plug. My midwife wasn't concerned but I insisted she check me anyway - when she did, she found I was 3 cm dilated, membranes bulging. I'm glad I followed my gut feeling despite worrying about being a "difficult" patient. The fact that you'll be seen on Thursday is reassuring and most likely, the mucous is nothing to worry about as I've heard of many others who had similar mucous and they were fine. Just wanted to encourage you to follow your instinct if something seems off in the future. I've come to realize that health professionals really don't always know what's best. Good luck - I hope your ultrasound goes well. I agree that it's wise to take it easy (and hold off on sex as well) until then.

• Options
    imagejgordo:

imagecaden1206:

I agree with this. At 29 weeks, I lost what I thought was my mucous plug. My midwife wasn't concerned but I insisted she check me anyway - when she did, she found I was 3 cm dilated, membranes bulging. I'm glad I followed my gut feeling despite worrying about being a "difficult" patient. The fact that you'll be seen on Thursday is reassuring and most likely, the mucous is nothing to worry about as I've heard of many others who had similar mucous and they were fine. Just wanted to encourage you to follow your instinct if something seems off in the future. I've come to realize that health professionals really don't always know what's best. Good luck - I hope your ultrasound goes well. I agree that it's wise to take it easy (and hold off on sex as well) until then.

Thank you! I'm just ready for it to be tomorrow already so I can see what is going on. My pressure is pretty bad right now. Haven't noticed anymore mucus though...so that is good. Hopefully all is well but I would rather be safe than sorry!

• Options
    So? How did your ultrasound go?
  • Options

imagejgordo:
    So? How did your ultrasound go?

It went well! They pretty much just checked my cervix length and it is 4cm which they said is completely normal. They told me to continue to take it easy since I still have pressure. I will go next Wednesday for another u/s to be sure nothing is changing.

• Options
    That's great! I'm glad to hear it!
  • Options

imagejgordo:
    That's great! I'm glad to hear it!

Thanks for asking! Hopefully it all looks ok next week too. I'm definitely paying close attention to my body. I feel like I have called my doctor's office quite a bit this week, but I would rather be on the safe side and have peace of mind as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"