Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much did/does our 5 week old eat?

My daughter will be five weeks old tomorrow...she weighs about 10 lbs, and is exclusively formula fed...she's taking about 3 oz ever three hours but lately is crying because she is still hungry.  So, after our pedi appointment tomorrow, we're going to move her up to 4 oz.... 

Just curious as to what others do... 

Re: How much did/does our 5 week old eat?

• Options
    Every 3 hours is a long time between feedings for such a little baby. I would try doing feedings every 2 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter is two and a half weeks and nine pounds. We offer four ounces at each feed. She eats about every four hours during the day and has a five or six hour stretch most nights. Our pedi has the baby take the lead in determining how much they eat.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://www.babycenter.com/0_age-by-age-guide-to-feeding-your-baby_1400680.bc#articlesection1 <~~~~ copy and paste that into your browser. Tells u all about formula feeding :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

imagemabenner1:
    Every 3 hours is a long time between feedings for such a little baby. I would try doing feedings every 2 hours.

every 3 or 4 hours is good! 2 would make me think she needs more food. I've been doing 4oz and do 5oz before bed. She drinks it all and no spit up! 

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• Options
    We're at 5 oz every 3 hours. The past two nights, he's wanted more after finishing the 5 oz bottle. Last night he ended up eating 8 oz, tonight it was 9 oz. We go by his lead, but it makes me a little nervous that he is eating so much. He doesn't spit up thought, so it must be working for him.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My twins are almost 5 weeks. They eat about 75-100 ml (2.5 - 3.5 oz) at each feeding which is every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours overnight. They were 4 weeks early and currently weigh 7.4 and 7.5 lbs. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    DD weighed 8lbs at that age and drank about 2 oz every 2-3hours. She now drinks 3oz every 3 hours. Our pedi said when she finishes bottles consistently to then offer 1/2oz more in each bottle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"