March 2013 Moms
Options

Recall - Nap Nanny

Good morning ladies,

Just wanted to give an update on one of the baby lounger's that has been recalled by major retailers.  I had thought about registering for one because other mom's had recommended them, so I figured I would put the word out.  The reason I didn't is because it didn't have any sort of belt/harness for the baby to be secured.  Hence the recall...

www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13083.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recall - Nap Nanny

• Options
    Is this recall like the bumbo recalls where it's not really the actual product, the falls happen because the idiot parents put these things on counters and stuff? That was my impression.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageAbeja1226:
    Is this recall like the bumbo recalls where it's not really the actual product, the falls happen because the idiot parents put these things on counters and stuff? That was my impression.

Exactly what I'm wondering... The RnP has a harness, but I never used it. I stopped using the RnP before he could go anywhere..

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, parents were also putting the nap nanny in a bed or crib which the manufacturer says NOT to do, and then leaving the baby UNATTENDED. So some babies rolled out of it and suffocated. My heart goes out to the people but you just can't do that, its not intended for that. Are they going to recall bathtubs because enough people left their baby alone in on and they drowned?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

imageAbeja1226:

I think people were also putting them in cribs, which is a huge no no !!! I'm disappointed that this product is no longer available. I've heard from multiple people that the nap nanny is fantastic and really helps with babys who have acid reflux. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageaeb20:

imageAbeja1226:

I think people were also putting them in cribs, which is a huge no no !!! I'm disappointed that this product is no longer available. I've heard from multiple people that the nap nanny is fantastic and really helps with babys who have acid reflux. 

This is exactly what happened.. It did have a harness.. I had to pull it from my registry.. I'm still hoping I can snag one though. I really feel awful for anyone who lost a child, but the product's packaging is CLEARLY marked to not use in cribs, or on raised surfaces.. and NEVER leave your infant unattended.  it seemed like common sense to me but...

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"