May 2013 Moms
Options

Crazy night yesterday!!

So my husband and I just bought a house in Mobile AL in June. We moved from San Francisco CA and have been trying to settle in and get ready for the baby boy. Yesterday we just wanted to have a relaxing Christmas at home with a nice dinner. We started getting hit with some thunder storms at noon. Then later on, tornado sirens started going off, being from Cali we had no idea what the hell was going on. We turned on the news and realized we were under a tornado warning. Long story short we had warnings all night long and at one point had a pretty good scare that had us taking shelter in our tub. It was the craziest weather I have ever seen. I am just thankful no one was hurt. Sorry for the long story, just wanted to share my Xmas experience.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crazy night yesterday!!

• Options
    I am very glad you are ok. 
  • Options
    I'm glad you and YH are safe. I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and remember how scary the tornado warnings were!

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I grew up in the midwest with tornadoes and sirens all the time...and now live on the east coast...

The first bad thunderstorm I had after moving to the east coast (living in an finished attic at the time) just happened to coincide with some fire whistles going off.

I freaked out and was going on about how we needed to take shelter.... everyone looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs before BF at the time explained to me, they don't get tornadoes. Embarrassed

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How scary! Glad you're okay. We have been having more and more tornado warnings here in the past few years and it's incredibly scary. I remember being told as a kid that "we don't get tornadoes here" but now it seems we have two a year in the area around us.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I cannot imagine how scary that must have been! I'm so glad you are both safe!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I live right down the street. This is the second tornado to tear through in like a month and a half. We live in Mid town, and were really lucky to be out of town for Christmas.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I live right in tornado alley...Northwest Arkansas. Year before last on New Years a big one came and wiped out a small town about 15 miles from us. The wind was so strong it actually pushed my car off the road.

Glad everyone was safe where you're at! They can be super scary!! 

April 29, 2013
    8 pound 4 ounces
    20 1/2"

DX: 2001 Severe Endometriosis 
    5/2006: BFP 5/2006: M/C
    10/2008: TTC W/Severe Endo
    1/2010: 6 cycles with Clomid=all BFN
    9/5/2012: BFP 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheCraftyPie/265482416859470

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards