Baby Names
Options

Anastasia?

DH just threw this out there.  I'm pretty sure it's one of those names that by tomorrow he will forget that he said he liked but I've always really liked it.  I love the meaning, it's got Ann in it for DH's mom.  The only downside is that I love the whole name, I'd hate to nickname it but it's so long I know that would be difficult to enforce. 

Like I said, it probably won't matter tomorrow.  But to anyone around today, what do you think of the name?  We're not really sure about a middle name idea either since Ann is usually in the middle name spot for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anastasia?

• Options
    I like it.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I like it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've always loved this name, as well as the meaning. I think you could keep from shortening it, but you'd have to be diligent about it - I'm not a fan of Stacey as a nn either. As for a mn, I'd keep it short - one, maybe two syllables. My youngest, Olivia, is 4 syllables, like Anastasia, and her mn is Ruth... DH also liked Jael (like Jay-el) and it could have worked too.
  • Options
    It's cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I have a friend named this and she goes by Stacia.

I like the name as well even though it reminds me of the mean step sister from Cinderella.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is pretty. The only downside is Cinderella.
  • Options

Name reminds me of 50 shades of grey.  i heard people are now naming their kids from the book (not your situation but thought you should know).

Here's an article about it:

https://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/11/30/fifty-shades-of-grey-baby-names/

• Options
    I wouldn't say it necessarily reminds me of 50 Shades, but do I think the name will be on the rise thanks to the series. It is pretty though.
  • Options
    Beautiful name!
  • Options
    I think it's pretty when pronounced on.nuh.STAH.see.uh, but the American pronunciation AN.nuh.STAY.zhuh grates on my ear.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty. I would definitely go with a one syllable mn.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really like the name. In Greek, it's actually pronounced Ahn-ah-stah-see-uh. I have had family/friends go by both Stacy and Tasia (tah-see-uh). However, I think the way most common way people in the US pronounce it doesn't necessarily lend itself easily to nicknames. Obviously you never know, but I think there's a good chance she'd go by the full name.
  • Options
    It's my daughter's middle name. Love it.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options
    I love it.  It was in our top 3 for this little one. I was concerned about how "big" a name it was for a little girl.  DH and I could not decide what nn we liked for it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageWashingtonQueen:
    It is pretty. The only downside is Cinderella.

It makes me think of Cinderella too. I like it, however. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    I love it! I know an Anastasia who just goes by her full name, and my SIL is anaSTAsia like the above posters were saying it us pronounced in Greece, etc. and goes by Ana.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options

i like it!

anastasia claire.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"