March 2013 Moms
Options

Baby girl name help...

We are expecting our first baby- a girl in March. I never thought naming her would be so hard! My husband's name is Ryan, mine is Lesley so we thought we might combine our names and get Ryley. I'm not 100% surety at I love the spelling that way- others include Rylie, Rylee. We also like the name Addison. My middle name is Kaye. I've always liked the name Lucy (husband doesn't) so I thought maybe adding Lucille as a middle name. Here's what we've come up with so far:

Addison Ryley

Addison Rylee

Addison Rylie

Addyson Ryley

Addyson Rylee

Addyson Rylie 

Ryley Kaye

Rylie Kaye

Rylee Kaye

Ryley Lucille

Rylie Lucille

Rylee Lucille 

Any ideas and thoughts are appreciated! 

Re: Baby girl name help...

• Options
    I like Addison Ryley but I do not like the spelling of Ryley. I get why you are using so many Ys but I prefer Rielly. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Addison is NMS but I think of the choices I like Addison Ryley the best. I would not put a y in place of the i in Addison. I like your reasoning for spelling the mn...as a combo of your name with your DH's.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I like Addison Ryley the best.

I think Ryley in the mn position is best because Ryan, Lesley, and Ryley is a little matchy. But, in the mn spot, it's still meaningful but your fns won't be matchy. That way your LO will have her own name as well.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options

I prefer the spellings as Addison and Riley.

I would rather a more feminine mn with Addison since it was once a male name.  I know more boy Rileys than girls.

Addison Kaye

Addison Lucille

Riley Kaye 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I like Riley Kaye but I could get behind Rylie as an alternative spelling. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Rylie Kaye....has a nice flow to it.
    party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • Options
    Addison Riley
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Addison Riley drop the y's. You didn't have it on your list, but Addison Lucille sounds good together and no funky spellings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Riley is on our short list. I'd drop the Ys as well, but they just aren't my style.
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedoremi29:
    I like Riley Kaye but I could get behind Rylie as an alternative spelling.nbsp;

This. I dont particularly care for it but Rylie is the only alternate spelling that I wouldn't give a side eye. No no no to all the rest. If you want to use Addison leave out the y.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    my vote is for Riley Kaye, it has a nice flow.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm totally going to agree with Addison Ryley..  I love the reasoning..  My daughters middle name is Rylee and its box Lee is a family name..  It's always fn to be able to explain why your name is so great.  Good luck!  If you are putting this much time into the name you will definitely be an amazing mom ;). Congratulations!

• Options

Rylie Kaye!

My husband and I were going to combine our names if our baby had been a girl. His grandparents did this with his aunt and we thought it was sweet. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Might be reaching into left field for this, but I like Rylie Addison instead of Addison Rylie (spelling can be any of the ones listed above, though I wouldn't use too many "Y" or go to unique on both names)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"