October 2012 Moms
Options

probiotics

I've read several times on the boards about some of you giving probiotics to your LO's. Is it to help with gas? Reflux? I have LO on alimentum due to suspected milk protein intolerance. He's having some painful gas and was wondering if these might help. Just curious as to why others are using them. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: probiotics

• Options
    Sorry, can't help with probiotic info, but are you using the alimentum powder or ready to feed? In our experience, we had better luck with the ready to feed for the gas and we also used gas drops in every bottle. That stuff had a sh!t ton of oil in it so its no wonder all the gas.
    Good luck,
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One if my babies, Bryce, has reflux and really bad gas. I've been giving him Bio Gaia for babies for a month now and it seems to really of helped with the gas pains. I pour 1oz of his formula in a seperate bottle and mix it with the dose. I also make sure and consistently give it to him every morning at the 8:00am feed. You can buy it at most pharmacies. They usually keep it behind the counter, or at least they do here. I would ask your pedi about it! Hope this helps!

Retrieval - 33 Eggs, 29 Fertilized, 14 Frosties
    IVF #1 - 3/17/2011 - 2 Blasts

3/31/2011 - Beta #1 - 395 BFP
    4/04/2011 - Beta #2 - 1458
    4/8/2011 - Ultrasound - little bean measures 5wks 2dys
    4/9/2011 - Confirmed miscarriage
    FET #1 - 6/23/2011 - 2 blasts (already hatching)

7/7/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
    FET #2 - 8/18/2011 - 2 blasts

9/1/2011 - Beta #1 - BFN
    Second Hysteroscopy - 9/15/2011

Uterine Septum Found and Removed
    FET #3 - 11/23/2011 - 3 blasts, 1 already hatching

12/7/2011 - Beta #1 - 193 BFP
    12/8/2011 - Beta #1.5 - 320
    12/9/2011- Beta #2 - 454
    12/16/2011- 2nd Miscarriage
    FET #4 - 3/1/2012 4 blasts

3/12/2012 - Beta #1 454 BFP
    3/15/2012 - Beta #2 1520
    3/19/2012 - Beta #3 5000 plus
    3/20/2012 - Ultrasound #1 Triplets
    6/11/2012 - Expecting 2 Boys
    10/01/2012 - Welcome to the world Bryce and Charlie
    PAIF & SAIF Always Welcome Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Siggy Challenge:The Day My Embryos Were Transferred image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenickell5:
    Sorry, can't help with probiotic info, but are you using the alimentum powder or ready to feed? In our experience, we had better luck with the ready to feed for the gas and we also used gas drops in every bottle. That stuff had a sh!t ton of oil in it so its no wonder all the gas.
    Good luck,

We used rtf first but it was a huge inconvenience if your out and can't warm it to room temperature. but I'll do whatever it takes to help his pains.
  • Options
    We have been using it for about five weeks to help with colic/unexplained GI issues. It does seem to be helping. We use the drops straight in her mouth. GL!
    Birthday

• Options
    DH and I just talked about this tonight.
    We have been using the BioGaia drops for about 4 weeks now. We ran out about 3 or 4 days ago and I had not gotten a new bottle yet. Well last night and tonight LO was very fussy. Which is why we started them to begin with. He was just fussy every evening and it got MUCH better once we started the drops.
    We will be purchasing a new bottle of drops tomorrow and hope we get our happy baby back!!
  • Options
    My LO had "colic". I read that a lot of babies have immature digestive systems and this can cause a lot of crying so I figured what the hell and tried probiotics. I have a completely different baby. Not fussy at all. If I could give one piece of parenting advice to anyone I would say to try probiotics if your baby is fussy at all. It may just be an upset tummy.

ETA: I think she may have had a mild milk sensitivity and I am now consuming dairy again like I was before.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We've been using BioGaia for gas reasons.  One of the babies was just switched to Nutramigen and since that has probiotics in it, that baby no longer gets BioGaia.  Nutramigen actually costs less than the sum of their last formula + BioGaia drops. 
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"