April 2012 Moms
Options

UO anyone?

I am definatly not a modern feminist.  I wish that I could afford to be at home raising a bunch of kiddos and taking care of my husband and home.  If my finances could handle it, I would be way crunchier than I am, and buy all organic food and toys and stuff like that.  I in no way judge anyone who enjoys working, but I wish I didn't have too.  I also don't regret having DS, but a part of me wishes we got our money issues together first, then started having babies.  I also would be pregnant right now again if we could afford it.

Re: UO anyone?

• Options

I don't want you feeling like you were the only one here..

I have two family members in NJ that need to be admitted for long term mental care and it should be a lot easier to get them the help they need. One has been in and out of short term holds for attempting suicide and yet, tried again this week. Does he need to die to get help? The other hears voices, doesn't believe her father really died this summer, refuses meds and has never held down a job. She scares her neighbors with her erratic behavior. Does she need to hurt someone to get admitted? It should be easier to get them help but since she's an adult she can make her own decisions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow....just 1 response!!??!! Come on ladies!!

I don't have anything good....

Fake Christmas trees are ugly.  I have one sitting in my family room.Indifferent

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine's not so great either- I hate starting solids.  THere just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, and LO goes to bed before we eat dinner, so it's a whole "extra" time for his dinner.  sorry if I'm whining!  :)
  • Options

Dragon - I completely agree.

Mine is an old one, but I'll bring it back. I think it's beyond ridiculous to spend more than $100 on a purse, shoes or any costume accessory. I (guess I) understand spending big money on "special" jewelry, but I think people blow good money on stupid stuff just to say they own a "such and such."

I also think it's dumb to own an expensive car that isn't any safer or more practical than an affordable car. Too many people own Expeditions (only one example) that aren't using it for what it was built for. Too many people own them because they don't want to be a mini van mom, and since they have the money, go all out for the best of the best. If the car is safer/better for the environment/has better gas mileage, then I get why you would want to spend more money, but I think the "luxury car" thing has been over-done. And Hummers are dumb.

ETA: I meant Escalade, but my poorass brain forgot. 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Mine may only be a PA thing. But the state passed to deregulate (I think) the power company. So instead of not having a choice in the power company, a bunch of small companies have been started that say they have the sane exact coverage and service but cost less.

It sounds like a scam, but individual people who are working for these other companies earn commissions for bringing in customers.

Ok, so that info should make my UO make more sense. I hate people going door to door selling crap. I am going to make a no solicitation sign at our new house. Someone came today abt changing electric company, but by the time I got a jacket and got down the steps, she was gone. The dog was going nuts from the doorbell which woke the babies and I had to go find the person. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAmyJoy728:

Mine may only be a PA thing. But the state passed to deregulate (I think) the power company. So instead of not having a choice in the power company, a bunch of small companies have been started that say they have the sane exact coverage and service but cost less.

It sounds like a scam, but individual people who are working for these other companies earn commissions for bringing in customers.

Ok, so that info should make my UO make more sense. I hate people going door to door selling crap. I am going to make a no solicitation sign at our new house. Someone came today abt changing electric company, but by the time I got a jacket and got down the steps, she was gone. The dog was going nuts from the doorbell which woke the babies and I had to go find the person. 

Most annoying thing ever.  It's so rude to bother people in their homes.  Luckily we live in the middle of the woods so it's rare that we have visitors.

Off topic vent...I hate the company that DH works for; it's a small business and the owner is a complete a-hole. Today they had a meeting and they let everyone know they're discontinuing commissions (which are a big chunk of hubbies pay), and they're raising our insurance costs. AND he has his company xmas party tomorrow that we are all going to. Merry Christmas. grrrrrr. He works so hard and I hate that he doesn't get rewarded for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"