C-sections
Options

Swollen feet post-op

I am 6days post-op from my c-section and my feet have ballooned up at least double the size. Is swollen feet part of the recovery process? My doctor didn't say anything to me about it so I wasn't sure. 

Re: Swollen feet post-op

• Options

Yep, it's normal.  The swelling should subside at about 2 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetawillers:

Yep.  Took me about 2 weeks to go back to normal.  I didn't have any swelling during pregnancy but it was bad once I was in and home from the hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My hands and feet got like that the 3rd day after surgery.  Your doctor can prescribe you a "water pill" which help tremendously with reducing the swelling..it makes you pee a lot though!
  • Options
    imagetawillers:

This.  It's a good excuse to put your feet up and have other people wait on you. Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all for the info!  i feel much better knowing it happens!
  • Options
    My ankles were out of control!! I didn't swell during pregnancy at all, only after. I was on IV fluid for a couple of days though
  • Options

Normal.  It took me about 2 weeks for the swelling to go down.  I left the hospital in my slippers because I couldn't get my shoes on.

I had at least 6 bags of fluids between my labor/section/post-op. My midwife came to see me about 2 days after my section, when she saw my cankles - she said, "Free with every delivery, one pair of cankles."  

my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. It's from the fluid pumped in you during the surgery
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

Unfortunately yes.

Mine didn't go back to normal until at least a week post op.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally happened to me its because of the c-section. My doctors told me to walk, walk, and more walking and that helps. I swear my ankles felt like they were going to burst they were so swollen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"