Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Are you putting up a real Christmas tree?

I have a VERY active 8 month old who gets into everything and I was wondering if a tree will be safe in the house.  Not too thrilled about him eating pine needles...

Re: Are you putting up a real Christmas tree?

• Options
    Awesome!  Has he tried t go after it?  Did you do real or artifical?
  • Options
    We just put up a little one in our bay window seat out of reach for that reason. Maybe next year we will get out the big tree. It's not like ds will remember this year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just set up our real tree this weekend... I have it tucked into a corner so I can put a play yard around it if needed, but so far it really hasn't been an issue.  I didn't use any breakable/unsafe ornaments at all, so even if one falls we should be okay.  I didn't put any near the bottom either. 
  • Options
    We always have a real tree, so we'll definitely keep with that. In terms of pine needles, hmm that's tough unless you manage to somehow block off his access to the area where the needles might fall :-/ Or, since they're really bitter, he might not like them anyway? (I know that sounds silly, but it is a possibility in case he happened to put one in his mouth)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We will be putting up one. I debated going with a fake one, but DH said that Renee needs a real one for her first Christmas so up it goes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We haven't put it up yet but we plan on it.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    No but we never have. We have cats and the pin e needles can cause serious damage if ingested. We go with artificial. I think we will get a smaller tree this year so we can set it on an in-table that way little man will be less inclined to get after it...and the cats won't climb it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yep.  We let K play with a piece of the tree too.  Meh, it didn't hurt him.  I even have cats that eat the needles every year and they're alive and well. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"