August 2011 Moms
Options

Have we discussed shoes recently?

DS is now ready for a size 6. SIX. Insane. Well...I guess that's about right since he's about in 18-24m clothes. Still - HUGE.

He's outgrown my stash I got at a Stride Rite store closing, and he does not like the canvas Koala Kids shoes I got at BRU. His favorite pair are a pair of semi-soft soled Koala Kids, but they didn't stay nice long, and I don't think they come in size 6.

What are your favorite shoes for LO now? And where is the best place to buy them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have we discussed shoes recently?

• Options

We had those shoes in a size 4 - I erred on the small side when I purchased at the store closing sale. Banging my head against the wall for that now. I based my sizing guess off of my 1yo niece...who apparently has small feet and walked earlier than DS. Lesson learned.

There's a Stride Rite Outlet near my mom's house, so hopefully I'll get a chance to check that out in a few weeks.

ETA - Kimbus, you made me remember I bought him some soft-soled shoes to wear at Grandma's house. (We don't wear shoes inside in Hawaii, due to Asian cultural influence and hot weather.) I better check those to see if I need to return them. Sigh... Who's husband is looking for Bigfoot? Was it Crash's? Well, Bigfoot is sleeping in the nursery at my house.

• Options
    We got some skidders from target and they where great but DS outgrew them quick. We have some snowboots sz.6. Got some Van type slip ons from target and our DS loves them! Also have some cowboy boots he likes. Plan to get him some Chucks and actual Van slip ons. Depending on shoe DS is 5 or 6.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We love Keds for LJ. I wanted to go to Stride Rite and get her some, but when she started walking in the Keds and I could tell she was comfortable I figured I'd save a little cash. We got them at a local shoe store. She's still in a size 4. We'll def. have to buy a bigger size in them later on.

oh and they are white. They have taken quite the beating and aren't pretty at all. But again, it's what she's comfortable in! 

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Options
    WOW my boys feet are TINY!!!! He just grew into a size 3, seriously! Although I fit in kids shoes so I never expected him to have large feet. He currently has 2 pairs of shoes that he wears regularly, converse and puma. If I can't get to an outlet to buy his shoes then I normally order them from zappos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    DD2 is a fairly big girl (She's in 18-24 mo clothes) but doesn't have big feet. She is currently a size 4, and her snow boots are size 5. Honestly, I get the girls' good shoes off babysteals or mamabargains. They also have ok shoes from Walmart (I just check to make sure they provide good support before I buy them)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageCaseyk1127:
    WOW my boys feet are TINY!!!! He just grew into a size 3, seriously! Although I fit in kids shoes so I never expected him to have large feet. He currently has 2 pairs of shoes that he wears regularly, converse and puma. If I can't get to an outlet to buy his shoes then I normally order them from zappos.

I'm right there with you. We JUST moved into 3s and they're just a tad too big.

Finding 3s that aren't soft soled and not $20+ a pair was really hard. I ended up with shoes from quite a few places. Boots from Target, plain black everyday canvas slip-ons (Those were the hardest to find) I eventually found at Walmart ( Ugh.. i hate Walmart, but they had what I needed this time.) and a couple more pairs my mom picked up from a consignment shop.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD is still fitting in her 4s, which were her first size/pair of shoes.  But they just started getting snug.  While I didn't like the price (I can't tell you the last time I spent $40+ on shoes for myself!), they held up extremely well for the last six months.  We got a pair of koala kids soft soled shoes from TRU in a 5, and I just tried them on her again yesterday. Looks like we're ready to move up in size.

We signed up for Stride Rite to email and mail coupons and they have sent some good ones recently.  20% off total purchase and BOGO 50% off.  I'm going to probably stock up on two good pairs from there when I get my next coupon.

For dress shoes, we're going cheap from Payless or somewhere like that.  She'll probably only wear them twice, so I don't want to spend any more than $10 if possible.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

DS2 is wearing DS1's old Stride Rite 5 1/2s. 

He has a super wide foot all the way into the toe box.  

DS1 gets the expensive shoes because they have to make it through at least DS2.  It worked out well this way.  I haven't bought a single pair of shoes for DS2. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    C is still in 5's, but I just started putting him in some 5.5's to see how he does in them (I don't know how I'm supposed to be able to tell he's grown out of a size??  Is that dumb??).  Anyway, our hands down favorite shoes are the Pedipeds Grip n' Go's.  I basically just go to Zappos and search for Pediped GNG and then pick the cheapest/sales/cute ones...order a bunch, try them on him at home and return what I don't want.  So I have 5, 5.5, and 6 in his closet ready to go.  I looooove these shoes though.  Both my boys will wear them as long as I can buy them...and like J&K, I don't mind their expense b/c I love them so much and they will get worn by #2. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageStefandTodd:
    C is still in 5's, but I just started putting him in some 5.5's to see how he does in them (I don't know how I'm supposed to be able to tell he's grown out of a size??  Is that dumb??).  Anyway, our hands down favorite shoes are the Pedipeds Grip n' Go's.  I basically just go to Zappos and search for Pediped GNG and then pick the cheapest/sales/cute ones...order a bunch, try them on him at home and return what I don't want.  So I have 5, 5.5, and 6 in his closet ready to go.  I looooove these shoes though.  Both my boys will wear them as long as I can buy them...and like J&K, I don't mind their expense b/c I love them so much and they will get worn by #2. :)

I felt the same way. DS actually had a meltdown one day while we were out and I had made him walk more than normal. I eventually realized his feet hurt - he managed to get his shoes and socks off in the car, which he never does. It was also getting harder to get his feet in the shoe.

They have a New Balance sizing mat at a store we went to the other day, and sure enough his foot was bigger than the size five footprint. I know brands are different, but I think it was good indication that I should try a bigger size.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! (And glad to know a few other LOs also have big feet!)

• Options
    We love the See Kai Run in the soft sole sizes!  They are SOOO wide and easy to slip on.  I think they are on gilt.com right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Max wears a size 5 and I am in love with his little new balance tennis shoes. He has a fat little foot that is high on the top and these shoes fit him perfectly.

They were a little pricey, but I feel okay spending more on a pair of tennis shoes that he runs around in all day. We also have some converse, but they are a 6 and still a little big.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    DS1 has huge feet, but he's big and tall in general. He wore a size 6 or 7 at this age. DS2 still wears a 4 and a half. His feet are so small and narrow that almost every shoe I've tried slips right off of his foot while he's walking or running. I finally found a pair of adidas that are narrow and old school looking that don't fall off. We had New Balances on him, but I think they fit a wider foot better bc they were the worst about falling off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought 4s when they started walking and measured at 3 and 3.5 (I got the SR first walkers w the flexible soles at the outlet).  They still fit fine and are in decent shape.
  • Options
    Sketchers come in half sizes, and she's been wearing 5.5 sneakers for awhile now. I had her in mary janes from Walmart that were size 5, and I went to put them on her today and it wouldn't go over her heel. I ended up putting her in some size 6 Stride Rite canvas sneaks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"