Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

question for dads..

What's your involvement level in raising your baby? Do you feel left aside sometimes?

What do you actually do to help your wife?

Re: question for dads..

• Options

I'm going to make a broad statement and assume I'm pretty accurate here.  You will find the dads here, who actually took time to create a login in and post on a message board about being a dad, to be very involved.

Me personally, I'm very involved. We have a 23 month old and  I change diapers, give baths, feed him.  I watch him 2 days a week by myself (Wednesday and Thursdays), which has me taking him to the dentist, doctors appointments and the like.  I am involved equally with all major, and most moderate, decisions when it comes to him.

Back when our son was little, I would take the entire overnights on my days off, so at least 2 nights a week my wife wouldn't have to get out of bed all night.  I do a lot around the house... laundry, dishes, some of the meal prep, vacuuming.  The only household task I don't really get involved with is the deep cleaning of the bathrooms.

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

I'm going to make a broad statement and assume I'm pretty accurate here.  You will find the dads here, who actually took time to create a login in and post on a message board about being a dad, to be very involved.

Me personally, I'm very involved. We have a 23 month old and  I change diapers, give baths, feed him.  I watch him 2 days a week by myself (Wednesday and Thursdays), which has me taking him to the dentist, doctors appointments and the like.  I am involved equally with all major, and most moderate, decisions when it comes to him.

Back when our son was little, I would take the entire overnights on my days off, so at least 2 nights a week my wife wouldn't have to get out of bed all night.  I do a lot around the house... laundry, dishes, some of the meal prep, vacuuming.  The only household task I don't really get involved with is the deep cleaning of the bathrooms.

And you're super amazing!  I couldn't do it without you babe.  I don't want you cleaning the bathrooms.... that's my thing LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageColtsdad:

I think that is a pretty accurate assessment.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A real man does what needs to be done because children need two parents who areon thesame team.  If a man can't do what needs to be done, he's not a dad, only a sperm donor

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

Pretty much dead on...

My wife and I are 50/50 with all things baby. But even before we got married I did a lot of the house work (dishes, laundry, etc.) because I'm neurotic and between cleaning and running a few miles a day, it's the only way to DE-stress. My wife loves it, so we are both happy. My wife is home on maternity leave, but I even took a month off for paternity leave (thanks California) and now when I get home from work it's dinner and then Dad/Son time so my wife can have a few hours to shower, sleep, talk on the phone uninterrupted, whatever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You mean besides cooking when we don't go to IL's for dinner?  Helping to clean the house, doing my own laundry and sometimes the LO's?  Or how about taking him one weekend a month out of the house so MW can work since she works from home?  I also change diapers, play with the LO, take him grocery shopping with me.  I am also the one that usually washes the floors when they need it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"