3rd Trimester
Options

Baby does not want to leave my belly

I am now two days past my due date. This little girl loves my belly so much she will do anything not to leave. I went to my 40 week appointment today and got a pelvic exam. I?m 50% effaced (btw thanks to the person who explained in a previous post of mine what effaced meant), but her head is not in my pelvis. The midwife could barely feel her head. She started pressing on my belly to make sure what she felt was her head and not her bottom. She?s also lying facing my side, not my back. So next week I have to get a sonogram (to check fluid levels) and a non-stress test. Based on the results we will decide if I am to get induced. I told my husband ?I think we are going to be raising a very stubborn girl.?  

Re: Baby does not want to leave my belly

• Options
    Hang in there.  What you're experiencing is totally normal and a lot can change quickly.  The average FTM goes into labor at 41 weeks, 1-3 days so you still have some time. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I hear ya!!  I am 40 weeks and 4 (almost 5) days and my baby boy doesn't seem to want to leave my belly either!  His dad is pretty stubborn...guess I shouldn't be surprised, lol.  My doctor at 39 weeks thought I was going to go early....but look at me now!  So frustrating!  I am 4cm dilated and 60% effaced.  We have planned an induction for Friday...baby is getting very big and I need to see a light at the end of the tunnel!  Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not to give dismal news, but PP is correct, a lot of FTM go late.  I was induced 15 days past my EDD and was neither effaced or dilated with my first baby.  Hang in there, baby will come when they are ready or helped along with induction.
  • Options
    Play Nickelback and place the speakers between your knees.  With any luck she'll come out to turn it off.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelkb1987:
    Play Nickelback and place the speakers between your knees.  With any luck she'll come out to turn it off.

rofl!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options

I went 11 days over with my first.  I would have gone a full 14 but that would have been an induction on Christmas Day and neither Dr or I wanted that ;)

I had a "textbook" good induction and everything thing went well.  Hopefully your baby will be ready to come out before you have to go that route though. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Options

imagelkb1987:

Ha! This made me laugh out loud!! That would definitely work for me!! :-) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagelkb1987:

BWHAHAHAHA

FTW! 

• Options

imagelkb1987:

lol!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"