Breastfeeding
Options

breastfeeding, teething, and pregnancy

I am pretty sure my DD is teething. So my first question is, do babies want to breastfeed more frequently when teething? Because she has been wanting to nurse nearly every hour for the past several hours. My other thought is could me being pregnant be affecting my supply and she is just not getting enough and therefore having to eat more frequently? Let me know what you think please!

Re: breastfeeding, teething, and pregnancy

• Options
    It really could be either one! I know that my DS nurses more when sick or teething. Does your LO seem satisfied at the end of a feeding? To me that would indicate your supply is okay and it's Just comfort nursing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

WOW.  You have been b usy if your timelines are right!

I think you need to keep an eye on your LO's diaper output and weight gain.  It is very common for milk supply to drop when you are pregnant.  Some woman do not produce enough milk to support a growing infant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok thanks. I will keep an eye on the diapers. She usually seems satisfied after. But as far as weight gain I'm just a little concerned because she weighed about 15.10ish on Oct 3rd and she was weighed again this past Tuesday and only was up to 16.3 lbs which doesnt seem to be as much of a gain as usual. I could be wrong though. Or maybe she is just slowing down after a growth spurt.  I'm really hoping my supply will hold up for her sake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"