Stay at Home Moms
Options

Today's Positives (share yours, too!)

Two positive things have happened to me today--

First, this morning I got contacted about an opportunity for very part-time work (8-10 hours per week). I will likely do this in addition to my current part-time job for a total of about 25 hours per week from home! I'm looking into part-time childcare options now that may include a mix of using my 13 year old sister as a Mother's Helper, drop-in daycare (though I have no idea where yet), working while she's in preschool and/or working more after DD goes to bed at night.

This is good news because we are wanting to save $$$ for a down payment for a house and means I can contribute more without having to get a FT job and quitting my hard-to-come-by WAH job. 

Second is that I finalllly got a positive OPK today on cycle day 45. I was just talking to DH on Sunday about how discouraged I am with the whole TTC process after 18 months, so I'm hoping this will be our cycle! Big Smile

What do you have good going on in your life right now?

DD1: Maya 05/10
DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13

Re: Today's Positives (share yours, too!)

• Options

Good Luck!!!

I have a friend who does transcription and typically gets up at 4 am to work before the kids get up (because she is not a night owl).

• Options

My positive is that our power only went out for a few minutes last night but we otherwise have been warm and safe here.  Many people in my area are still without power.  And there was no damage to our house.  Some of my neighbors were not so lucky, so I am happy that we don't have to deal with that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Great ones!

I got my hair cut today! DH and I usually book our appointments back to back and the last time we went together I stayed in the car because I was in labour... so I missed that one. So I've needed to get my hair cut for about a YEAR. Awful, I know. It feels amaaaazing.... all the dead stuff is gone, she took of, like, 6 inches. Ahhhh.... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageCnAmom:
    Those are both great!

I guess it's positive that our latest landlord issue has been resolved again. The added bonus is that they even aknowledged that they were wrong.

That is great! We had an issue with our first apartment and ended up having to pay an additional $600 (in addition to our $800 deposit) for carpeting 2 years after we moved out. Long story, but did not end well, so glad yours has!!

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    We were out of power for 9 hours.  Two streets down from us have been out of power 24hrs now.  I'm so thankful we have power!!!  I'm a power snob: as in, I LOVE hot water, lights, cable, internet, and everything else.  I'm super cranky when it's out so I'm counting my lucky stars. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good for you!!

Our power didn't go out during the hurricane and Halloween won't be cancelled again this year! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is great!

1. This is day 3 with no need for Zofran! I almost feel like a cloud has been lifted and I can see the light out of first trimester.
    2. We had a mothers helper today and it was amazing! I was able to get stuff done and all I heard was giggling and laughing from the basement.
    3. I've made a effort this week to dress nicer in the am and it's really helper my whole day. Sounds weird but I feel prettier and more energized. NoteI know it's only Tuesday...hopefully I can keep it up.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is great!

1. This is day 3 with no need for Zofran! I almost feel like a cloud has been lifted and I can see the light out of first trimester.
    2. We had a mothers helper today and it was amazing! I was able to get stuff done and all I heard was giggling and laughing from the basement.
    3. I've made a effort this week to dress nicer in the am and it's really helped my whole day. Sounds weird but I feel prettier and more energized. Note Iknow it's only Tuesday...hopefully I can keep it up.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I actually had a good day today which has not happened in awhile.  Been suffering from depression so to say I had a good day is a huge positive for me.

DS also painted for the first time today!  He painted his pumpkin and 2 "pictures".  I have one hanging on my fridge (I am such a proud momma) and the other I am going to send to his grandparents that live OOT.

• Options

LO has been so energetic and fun lately. Today he "played" chase with me. Which basically meant, he was crawling around on the floor, I got down on the floor with him and started crawling behind him, he noticed, laughed out loud, and crawled faster away from me. I love that little boy! 

Also, I found a better Mary Poppins hat today. I don't remember ever being this excited for a Halloween costume. I'm hoping that at least my nephews recognize who we are supposed to be...

Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"