Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much is your LO eating??

LO is just as 12lbs and eats about 6-7 times a day but only eats about 20oz of breastmilk. I'm an exclusive pumper so I have the luxury of knowing exactly how much breastmilk she is eating. Most of the charts I'm finding are for formula feeders and I thought that the amount eaten by LO's were different from formula to breastmilk. So do any of you breastfeeding moms know how much your LO consumes or have a chart somewhere that could tell me if my LO is getting enough??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n

Re: How much is your LO eating??

• Options
    Not sure what is normal, but my twins are 12 lbs. and eat about 8 times a day with about 3 oz. each time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just curious, by the way--what is her nighttime schedule like at 12 lbs. for feeding? I keep hoping at12 lbs. my guys will sleep longer but we are still at 2 night feedings!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When my LO was about that size and age, he was eating 5oz about every 3 hours.  He still is eating 5oz about every 3 to 4 hours now, but only waking once in the night to eat.  He eats about 30-35oz a day.  I'm an EPer as well.

I've never consulted a chart, I've just gone by what he indicates that he needs.  He has tons of wet diapers and usually poops once or twice a day and he's in the 75th percentile for weight, so I know he's getting plenty.

• Options

imageemilyec1:
    Just curious, by the way--what is her nighttime schedule like at 12 lbs. for feeding? I keep hoping at12 lbs. my guys will sleep longer but we are still at 2 night feedings!

LO is usually in bed round 8 or 9 and wakes at about 3am for a good feeding. She doesn't wake up again until around 7 or 8am. She has always been a very good sleeper though. The most she has ever woken up since birth is twice a night. She just started doing once a night maybe a week ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n
  • Options
    Another EPer here. My twins are just eating 16-18oz a day, but they're only 38w GA. DD1 was eating about 3oz every 3hrs around that time.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• Options
    All I know is breast milk is more concentrated than formula, so babies need less in terms of ounces of breast milk. Right now my baby eats every 2-4 hours about 2-3 oz. of breast milk and about 3 oz. of formula at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"