Baby Showers
Options

Hostess/Housewarming Gift

My good friend is throwing me a shower in a couple weeks. She wanted to have it in her home, as she and her husband just built a new house, and this will be the first time many people (myself included) will get to see it. I was thinking of doing a hostess gift that also is somewhat of a housewarming present. Or is that tacky? I had planned on getting her a gift card to her salon as the hostess gift, but I am at a loss as to what I could throw in there for a housewarming present. I usually do a bottle of wine, but she hates wine. She's also not a candle person. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not very creative.

Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Hostess/Housewarming Gift

• Options
    How about a nice fall wreath?
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options

imageGraceyandTroy:
    How about a nice fall wreath?

That`s a great idea.

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we moved into our house, we received a tall glass vase (type you can fill with decorational items) filled with goodies.  I can't tell you how much use we get from that vase!  Every season we put something different into it (mini pumpkins, scented pinecones, christmas ornaments, easter eggs, etc.).  They're so versatile, you can use them with pretty much any type of decor.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love oil diffusers from Pier One Imports. A lot of my friends also really like Scentsy products and plug-ins from Bath and Body Works.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If she doesn't like wine you can give her martini glasses. Peir one imports has really cute martini glasses and shakers. 
  • Options
    OR you can get her one of those picture frames that make up her name (or last name) with different images.  Those are always cute. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"