May 2013 Moms
Options

My Jellybean!

Hello! I am 11 weeks and since i cant eat peqanuts, i dont want to refer to my baby as peanut, so they are my Jellybean!! I am really interested in cloth diapers(thoughts?) and making my own baby food! This is such an amazing experience and can't wait till i get bigger!

Re: My Jellybean!

• Options

Congrats on your jellybean! :)

I, too, am interested in cloth diapering and making my own baby food. Since it's still so early for me I'm having trouble thinking ahead too much, but I let myself do some research about diapers the other day. Maybe we can share tips as we go along!

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on yours too! Ya, im starting to get further along, so i'm really escited to gather ideas!! And yes, I would love to share ideas!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! Cloth diapers are NOT for me, but I have friends who use them happily. As for food I plan to do what I did last time.. a mix of mashed up whatever we're eating with some store bought fruit purees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How did you go about making the food? what was the process?
  • Options
    imageloveofthesong21:
    How did you go about making the food? what was the process?

There are tons of websites about it.. or head up to the library or Barnes and Noble and check out baby food making books. It has gotten very faddish over the past few years so there are lots of different information sources. Also.. don't think too hard about it right now. You've got about a year before baby will be interested in food..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is the website we used when we started making DD food https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ .  It's very informative of course we couldn't keep up so we did the same thing as babyonthebrain and started blending what we are eating or just using jarred food.
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I made DD's baby food the whole time until she transitioned to chopped up table food.  It's very easy. You can find many recipes online but essentially I just steamed and pureed the food (cuisinart smartstick - $35 at costco at the time I bought it) and froze it in icecube trays.  After it froze I dumped the cubes in ziplock freezer bags and had a variety of baby food available anytime.  Really quite simple:)

The only thing I did not make was the rice cereal in the beginning.  I bought that until she was about 6/7 months and then started making congee with added veggies/fish/meat for her (boiled down rice soup).  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Options

We also have been calling ours Jellybean.  I've been wanting to use that since we first started TTC when a DJ came on the radio that was called Jellybean.  I just thought it was perfect.

I have also been contemplating cloth diapering.  I'm not a fan of the harsh chemicals in the diapers or the ecological impact.  DH is concerned about the mess and the laundry and the smell...

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"