November 2012 Moms
Options

Met someone today...made me glad we are out of the 1st Trimester!

So I was in panic mode picking up last minute baby gear today and saw a couple registering...they asked me when I was due and then proceeded to tell me she is due in July! All I could do after that was try and calculate if it was even possible to know yet...and they were REGISTERING!

Anyway they seemed excited/nervous and were asking me for advice which made me think back on how nervous I was in the 1st trimester. I'm glad I am out of all that even though I have new fears of delivery! I didn't want to scare them so I just told them fluff stuff, but what I really wanted to say was to AT LEAST wait to hear the heartbeat before they register! Ya live and ya learn I guess. 

Our little man is due....November 9, 2012 The day I married my best friend....June 19, 2010 www.thebasics1.blogspot.com

Re: Met someone today...made me glad we are out of the 1st Trimester!

• Options

That does seem really early to be registering if she is due in July.  We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, but I think I only got that privilege because we were at an IVF clinic and they had really amazing machines. I would have been scared to register before week 12!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    seriously? wow.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh to be that naive again. That sounds so early.

But, then again, I didnt register until 25-28w and was nervous then too.

Hard to believe that people getting pg now are do in July!

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

It's not possible to be due in July yet. They must have been confused, or really optimistic.

Even if they knew from the moment they conceived and they conceived today that would make them due June 24th.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My thoughts are the same. It that even possible?? Weird.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Maybe they are just being hopeful, or they're a psychic family.

We registered at around 22 weeks, and I felt like it was too early.  I wouldn't step foot into a baby store until 20 weeks, and everyone was forbidden from buying baby things until the anatomy scan.

Aside from me being a worried loony bird, I am WAY too indecisive to register that early.  Heck, I'm due in less than 6 weeks and I just changed the bouncer on my registry for the third time.  I'm going to end up with like 12 of them, I swear.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageteresamartini11:

It's not possible to be due in July yet. They must have been confused, or really optimistic.

Even if they knew from the moment they conceived and they conceived today that would make them due June 24th.

this is what I was thinking, but I was too lazy to do the math. My friend just told me she is pg, 8.5 wks and due 5/8, so July??? don't think so.

Regardless, yes way to early to register. 

• Options
    DD was conceived Sept 11th or 12th and I was due June 7th so maybe she had just started her period and they just know this is the lucky cycle? Who knows! Weird...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    We found out on Sept 23rd (two days after missed period) that we were due in May with our first.  There's no way that they would know this early. Weird!
  • Options
    I'm glad I am not the only one who was a little weirded out and doing the math. Maybe they said July, but meant June. Either way they were saying there was not anything in the sack yet on the ultrasound so they think they are earlier than 6 weeks...and in the same sentence saying they were registering for a boy and girl bc they didn't know the sex yet. My heart sort of aches for them if something ends up being wrong with the pregnancy. I just told them good luck. I thought I registered early at around 23 weeks (because I had to for an early shower), but now I don't feel so bad :). And YES my other thought was that people are already due in the SUMMER!? How time flies!
    Our little man is due....November 9, 2012 The day I married my best friend....June 19, 2010 www.thebasics1.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"