2nd Trimester
Options

Question for 2nd Tri's

Hey Everyone,

I am 11 weeks 1 day today and will hopefully be joining you all soon on this board (fingers are crossed). I was wondering if any of you had bleeds during your first trimester due to a sensitive cervix?

I have had about 5 isolated bleeds during this first trimester. Of course, each time I freak out and expexct the worst. After two particularly scary ones I had ultrasounds done to make sure everything was okay and both times the baby was doing great (growth was normal and heartbeat was strong).

Having had a miscarriage before I am getting a little tired of these scares. I have to use progesterone cream vaginally and my doctor thinks that I am somehow irritating my cervix sometimes when I insert the cream, causing a bleed due to irritation or a popped blood vessel.

I was wondering if anyone had anything similar occur? Usually the bleeds last for about 1-2 minutes then are gone. They are not accompanied by cramps at all and are completely random. The blood is red but stops and then I have no follow-up spotting at all. This seems to happen about once every two weeks or so, sometimes only a week in between.

Needless to say I am anxious to get to a "safer" zone and am so anxious for the second trimester. I have my first trimester screen next week on Wednesday and am hoping to feel encouraged by that.

Any similar stories out there of oversensitive cervix?

7th Pregnancy, no living kids, with a You-Name-It Loss History. Curious? Inquire Within.
Due 8/13/16 and couldn't be more excited for our little girl! <3

Re: Question for 2nd Tri's

• Options

It is totally scary. I had one ultrasound 1st tri for bleeding and I was freaking out! It was a tiny amount of blood, though, similar to what you described, and it was fine. My OB always asks if it's enough to soak a pad. If it's not, you're probably fine. I know it's totally freaky, and I'd continue to keep your doc posted on what's happening, but try not to stress.

Also, you didn't mention it, but if you're having any sex that can definitely do it. I went to labor and delivery last week for what looked like a massacre post-sex (blood was EVERYWHERE and way more than I had the first time I got checked out for bleeding). Baby was doing great, no contractions or anything, cervix totally closed, and she tested me for infection and that came back negative, too. Welcome to the super-sensitive-cervix club!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Martha-

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your thoughtful answer. So good to know I am not alone:)

7th Pregnancy, no living kids, with a You-Name-It Loss History. Curious? Inquire Within.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, meant to quote, but you're welcome. I'm glad I'm not alone, either. I still call my doc if the blood is ever red, but the pink stuff I don't worry about. H&H pregnancy to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had spotted three times with DD 4w,6w, & 10w.  With this baby I spotted at 4w,5w.& 9w.  They never looked for a cause of the bleeding the first time, but this time they determined it was a small subchorionic hemorrhage.  Everything worked out fine last time and seems to be cooking along fine this time.  I know it's hard but try not to worry! 
  • Options
    I spotted all through my pregnancy with DD and have off and on with this one too so far.  Terrifying, especially since I've also miscarried.  I think having your cervix bleed is pretty common...with both DD and this baby, a lot of my bleeding was caused by my cervix being inflamed from bacterial vaginosis, which for some reason I came down with over and over again.  Maybe get your doc to do a swab?  It's easily treated if that's what it is.  Hang in there, I know it's always scary to see blood but most of the time it ends up being nothing.  Good luck Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I spotted all through my pregnancy with DD and have off and on with this one too so far.  Terrifying, especially since I've also miscarried.  I think having your cervix bleed is pretty common...with both DD and this baby, a lot of my bleeding was caused by my cervix being inflamed from bacterial vaginosis, which for some reason I came down with over and over again.  Maybe get your doc to do a swab?  It's easily treated if that's what it is.  Hang in there, I know it's always scary to see blood but most of the time it ends up being nothing.  Good luck Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow- can bacterial vaginosis be harmful to baby?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"