C-sections
Options

spinal headache, blood patch, and breastfeeding

I got my c section done on monday.  By wednesday my head was pounding with extreme headache when I sit or stand and go away when I lay down.  I was told I have a spinal headache from the spinal anesthesia.  I couldn't take the pain.  It was worst than the incision pain so I decided to do a blood patch to block the fluid leak that causes the headache.  My headache went away but my neck is still extremely stiff and my back is sore. 

Were you guys able to breastfeed every 3 hours after your csection? 

Re: spinal headache, blood patch, and breastfeeding

• Options
    Yes but I didnt have the complications that you're having :-(  Hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageWorcbride:
    Yes but I didnt have the complications that you're having :-(  Hope you feel better soon!

Same for me too. I've never gotten a spinal headache..... 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had all the same complications. I hope you are feeling better soon. My back hurt for about a week after and to this day it gives me issues when trying to do yoga or crunches. We breastfed in the hospital but soon gave up when no milk came in by 6 days later.  I think it was all just way too much for my body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I was nursing every 1-2 hours on demand with DS, and I had a blood patch done for my spinal headache the day after I was discharged. I pumped for DH to feed him before I left.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a spinal headache and blood patch with my second child and while he wasn't initially able to breastfeed due to being in the NICU I had to pump every 3 hours.  I honestly just did the best I could and supplemented until about 2 weeks later when I started feeling better. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"