January 2013 Moms
Options

Single Vessel Cord - anyone else?

I had my 20 wk scan and all was well except they found I have a 2 vessel instead of 3 vessel cord. They also saw a bright spot on the baby's heart. I have to go for a fetal ECG in a few weeks when I'll be 24 wks and have my first growth scan that day also. All so nerve-wracking! Tongue Tied
Mama to Logan (7), Angelina (6), Liliana (4) and Oliver (2) 1 surprise baby girl on the way December/January

Re: Single Vessel Cord - anyone else?

• Options

My SIL had this and baby was perfectly healthy.  I'm not a doc, so I obviously cannot comment if it is the same for every baby, but all that they did for her was give her extra U/S to make sure the baby was on track.  She has a thriving 18 month old now.

Hope all is ok.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you are having to deal with this. I would try not to worry though. Vibes headed to you and baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A good friend of mine had this with her DD. She had lots of extra u/s for monitoring and now has a perfect 3.5 y/o.

Lots of t and p to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks - the primary concern is that the 2 things they saw are markers for Dwon Syndrome.. so I've had bloodwork done to see if that's the case - then from there my OB says he'll be monitoring me very carefully with scans, non stress tests etc. Just all so daunting. I was booked for a sterilization prior to getting pregnant! So of course the surprise baby will give me most trouble hehe
    Mama to Logan (7), Angelina (6), Liliana (4) and Oliver (2) 1 surprise baby girl on the way December/January
  • Options
    I found out I have a 2 vessel cord instead of 3 at my a/s last week also...my high risk doc assured me that this is fairly common and that we will just do growth scans to monitor baby's growth since sometimes they can be on the small side. It's hard not to worry, but it sounds like your doctor is on top of things! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was born with a 2 vessel cord and here I am with no issues :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"