TTC After a Loss
Options

question (possibly TMI)

So my husband and I were cleared to TTC again about a week and a half ago... and it seems like a lot of times we try within a few hours afterwards, I'm spotting. It's like a light brownish/tan color and not heavy. I'm not on my period anymore so I doubt it's still related to that. What could it be? I know implantation bleeding is possible (but a lot of times I've heard it's so little most women don't even notice it), but if it was implantation bleeding it wouldn't be almost everyday would it? Perhaps my body is just still adjusting? Just thought I would throw the question out there to see if you ladies had any idea. It's annoying to have to wear a pantyliner every day because of it. According to my charting/app I should be ovulating this week.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: question (possibly TMI)

• Options

When I was first cleared to ttc, the first few times we dtd, I would spot too. For me it was not ovulation bleeding (I still haven't ovulated or had AF yet), but I figured maybe it was just that the "action" had caused it, since my whole nether region had just been through so much trauma. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's what I figured, but I know sometimes it's hard (for me at least) to determine when I'm ovulating since my cycles are so off. It was the only thing I could think of that it may be. I don't know why else I would be spotting?

Thanks for the GL. GL to you too. Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cycles were crazy after each of my losses, and I had random bleeding and spotting in between actual periods for about 3 months. Sex caused a lot of it. For me, I think it was just my body readjusting and getting back to normal.

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    imagelarivierek:

When I was first cleared to ttc, the first few times we dtd, I would spot too. For me it was not ovulation bleeding (I still haven't ovulated or had AF yet), but I figured maybe it was just that the "action" had caused it, since my whole nether region had just been through so much trauma. 

Well it's reassuring I'm not the only one. I'm not sure it was because of DTD or the 'action' because we've been DTD as soon as we were cleared to about a week after the D&C... Maybe it's just one of those weird things that occur...

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! It sounds like several of us have random spotting after the loss and it isn't as rare as I thought. I'm glad we're all together in this.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I know how frustrating this is. I had mid-cycle spotting last cycle and this cycle. Prior to that I've had a tiny bit of spotting the day of O a few times, but nothing like this. It was 5 days last cycle and 3 days this cycle. It was close to O time, but not exactly during O. I talked to my dr about it and she said it was nothing to worry about in my case as long as it's around O. Obviously you'd have to talk to your own dr about your case, but just thought I'd share my experience.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Options

I think the fact that it's light brown/tan means that it's likely just old blood leftover from AF??  Just a thought! 

I have always had pretty crazy AFs when not on BCP, so I have been known to have cycles where I spot the entire time, so it doesn't seem weird to me that you would spot after you DTD with your DH every time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"