Working Moms
Options

not work-related-lump under breast?!

Sorry- this isn't work related, but you ladies are always knowledgeable.  I've been sore there for less than a week-not terrible, like a bruise.  I thought it was the underwire on my bra but it's not easing up.  This morning I noticed there's a bump (can't see it, but can feel it), and I'm freaking out.  The office can see me today with the ob who is a pompous male that I can't stand, or I can see the midwife tomorrow.  Who would you go to? Would you trust the midwife more?

Re: not work-related-lump under breast?!

• Options
    I would see my OB that way if a test was needed; you could get that set up. Just for piece of mind sake.
  • Options
    I's start with the midwife. If symptoms don't improve or you're not satisfied make another appt with your primary md. You need to be able to coomunicate affectively sp with your health care provider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to ask, are you currently BFing?  If so it could be a clogged duct.  I would probably go see the doctor about this one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks.  Stopped breasfeeding in April but I'm still producing a LOT of milk.  This bump is underneath, 1/2 underneath but 1/2 closer to my ribs.  I was reading that this feeling is common at certain parts of one's cycle so I'm hoping that's it-just hormones.  Going to see the midwife tomorrow b/c the doc is really an A#@ (and screwed up on something important while I was pg--he's not the ob/gyn I usually see).
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    Good call about going to see the mid-wife.  If it is a clogged milk duct, don't forget about cabbage leaves.   They really worked for me while I was pumping. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"